(DP34) Referrals System

810 posts in this topic

%7Boption%7D

File Name: (DP34) Referrals System

File Submitter: DawPi

File Submitted: 23 Aug 2010

File Category: Promotion

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

With this app you can allow your members invite other members.

Features:

• enable/disable system,
  • select allowed groups to use this mod,
  • three invite types: free -> user may or may not enter inviter name; force -> user must enter inviter name; invite only: user must be referred by invite form (with hashed keycode),
  • list of all invited users,
  • list of all invited users in ACP with filter option for search invited members for specific user,
  • invites by referral link,
  • points system integration ( any system! ),
  • promotion to the new group after reaching specific amount of referred users,
  • ability to enable/disable member powers to raising people via ACP,
  • ability to check all referred users via ACP ( member manage ),
  • three notification methods: PM, E-mail or Inline,
  • info in member profiles about referrer,
  • top X referrers in sidebar,
  • ability to disable the 'Referral Link' in sidebar,
  • ability to add/edit/remove referred transactions,
  • ability to turn off the "Referrer Information" block in profiles,
  • ACP permissions (manage: add, remove, edit),
  • ability to award referrer if his referrred member made topic/post,
  • ranking with filters in the ACP view,
  • enhaced filters for referral transactions,
  • invite form,
  • option to enable/disable custom invite message,
  • option to disable invites from the same IP,
  • option to approve transaction only if referrer add more than X defined posts,
  • resend option to resend sent invites,
  • option to approve transaction only if referrer add more than X defined posts.

here to download this file

Nice work! :)

I have a suggestion, which would help me avoid repeatedly fielding "add referrals to ibEconomy" requests. Can you integrate it with points so when a user refers a new member they receive ## points?

I would say you could add a Data Hook point to your app right before the referral is added to the database, but I'm not sure if either of us knows how how one goes about adding Data Hook points...

IbEconomy uses a field called 'eco_points' on the 'pfields_content' database by the way.

LongeCity and HrdcoR-H like this

Looks great.. Needs a url for individual users to give to people, so people don't have to remember the user name of the referrer

I would say you could add a Data Hook point to your app right before the referral is added to the database, but I'm not sure if either of us knows how how one goes about adding Data Hook points...

You add a /extensions/dataHookLocations.php file to your app which has the same structure as this:

<?php

$dataHookLocations = array(

/* POSTING LIBRARY DATA LOCATIONS */

array( 'hookkey', 'Human Readable Stuff for Hook Dropdown goes here:P' ),

array( 'anotherhookkey','More Reading??' ),

);

Then, at the point you want the data hook to run in your code, you add

IPSLib::doDataHooks( &$variableyouwanttopass, 'hookkey' );

You *must* pass the variable as a reference to the function if you want people to be able to add to/manipulate the data that is being sent to the hook point.

Nice work! :)

I have a suggestion, which would help me avoid repeatedly fielding "add referrals to ibEconomy" requests. Can you integrate it with points so when a user refers a new member they receive ## points?

IbEconomy uses a field called 'eco_points' on the 'pfields_content' database by the way.

Hi,
of course, this is the first addon to this modification. It will work with any points system, like this mod: :)

You add a /extensions/dataHookLocations.php file to your app which has the same structure as this:

<?php

$dataHookLocations = array(

/* POSTING LIBRARY DATA LOCATIONS */

array( 'hookkey', 'Human Readable Stuff for Hook Dropdown goes here:P' ),

array( 'anotherhookkey','More Reading??' ),

);

Then, at the point you want the data hook to run in your code, you add

IPSLib::doDataHooks( &$variableyouwanttopass, 'hookkey' );

You *must* pass the variable as a reference to the function if you want people to be able to add to/manipulate the data that is being sent to the hook point.

Awesome guide, making a mental bookmark for future use. :)

Hi,

of course, this is the first addon to this modification. It will work with any points system, like this mod:

:)

Sweet.
DawPi likes this

Looks great.. Needs a url for individual users to give to people, so people don't have to remember the user name of the referrer

agreed, I would buy this once it had this feature.

Sent, thanks! :)

For everyone else: I want one more functionality before release 1.0.1 version, so please be patient one more day - I'll add this and send for everyone new version. Thanks for your understanding!

Mod was updated to the newest version!! All current clients get this version in the next few minutes!! :)

Thanks for all your support and ideas, they are great!

For all: newer version will bring one important thing: change from referal to referral naming in all places.. ;) Sorry about that!

[ + ]
As always - any ideas are always welcome! :)

Edited by DawPi

New version is available! Mod will be send to the all clients in a few minutes! :)

Thanks for all your support!

Try it now! :)

Instant download! I'm testing new way to distribute my files - just click on Buy Now button, login in your PayPal account, pay and get download link - without delays, without registering new account!

Buy this mod and get for free this one: [url=") New Content Counter! (Mod will be send in 24h after receiving payment for referrals mod).

Special promotion for IPS Community Board Members!

End Date - 30 IX 2010r. 23:59 GMT+1

With this mod active, will random people still be able to join the site without a referral? We get lots of members who find us on Twitter/Facebook and join anyway.

Rich

Sure - you have option to change that:

• force mode - users must enter referral name,
  • free mode - they must or must not enter this name.