File Name: AddonChat Chat Room Integration

File Submitter: AddonInteractive

File Submitted: 20 Aug 2010

File Category: Applications

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.1.x, IP.Board 3.2.x

Official AddonChat Integration & Authentication

http://www.addonchat.com/

Overview
This application module enables you to fully integrate a AddonChat Free, Professional, Professional PLUS or Enterprise Java™ Chat Room with your Invision Power Board 3.1+ forum. This script provides basic integration for AddonChat Free and Professional customers. Remote authentication (the ability to secure access to your chat room using your IP.Board username/passwords) is available for Pro+/Enterprise customers, as well as a Who's Chatting feature.

Requirements

* IP.Board 3.1 or higher
* AddonChat Free, Professional PLUS, or Enterprise, or AddonChat Professional with the Remote (HTTP) Authentication System. You may register for a AddonChat account at www.addonchat.com. A Professional PLUS or Enterprise account is recommended to take advantage of advanced features.
* (optional, but recommended) PHP with allow_url_fopen directive enabled in your php.ini file or the PHP CURL extension. This is required to download the Who's Chatting list from AddonChat servers.

Features

* Seamless integration between your IP.Board Forum and AddonChat
* After installation, set up and configure your chat room from the AddonChat menu in your IP.Board System Settings
* Automatic (five minute interval) User's Chatting updates
* Optionally display the amount of users within your chat room on your chat room navigation tab shown throughout your forum.
* Remote authentication allows you to authenticate access into your chat room based on your IP.Board user database
* Automatic user login
* Seamless integration with IP.Board member group permissions (remote authentication)
* No code or template modifications required
* Automated account lookup - just enter your account number and password, and your information will be automatically retrieved. (allow_url_fopen must be enabled in PHP)
* Multilingual (UTF-8) support

Installation
Installation takes less than five minutes. Download the supplied ZIP file, and extract it on your personal computer. Open the included INSTALL.txt file for full installation instructions.

Support
Support is provided by AddonInteractive (support@addonchat.com) for this script provided you have a Professional, Professional PLUS or Enterprise AddonChat account. Read the included instructions for details. Please let us know if you have any problems installing this extension.

Click here to download this file

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been running IP Board and using your AddonChat service for some time and this application worked just fine up to IPB v3.1.4.

I just upgraded to IPB v3.3.4 and now notice a problem accessing the settings for the application:

The AddonChat System Settings all appear to be available through the IPB ACP...

post-129304-0-14936300-1347217357_thumb.

However when I go to User Group Settings and the AddonChat tab, none of the settings are shown...

post-129304-0-24314900-1347217418_thumb.

Not sure if this has been reported before, but it appears your app needs an update to be compatible with IPB v3.3.4. BTW I'm able to make changes if needed by using phpMyAdmin and tweak what I want that way, but it would be nice to do this from the ACP......thanks!

SIDENOTE: This "option" never appeared in any of the AddonChat settings through the ACP, or at least I could never find it, but I did find a row setting in the DB that is called addonchat_login_cloaked in the ibf_groups table. Be nice to include that setting in the AddonChat User Group Settings....

post-129304-0-14590000-1347217417_thumb.

just a thought.

You are talking about this error while running the ACP Diagnostics > Overview > Database Checker where I get back...

post-129304-0-65143500-1347219006_thumb.

...I've seen this "error" since AddonChat created this application to intergrate their service with IP Board.

As to trying to fix this "problem" I tried both clicking on the Click here to fix this table and run the queries manually, but running the IPB Database Checker after came back with these tables fixed but showing errors on several other tables in the db.

You are correct that the errors in the ibf_addonchat_* tables never seemed to cause any real problems with the Chat integration.

The best thing I learned to do with this is, to do nothing......if it's not broke.... ;)

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi folks.... hope someone can help me out with this. I uploaded the appropriate mod files, but two fatal errors related to "who's chatting" and when clicking the App Tab in the ACP occur. I don't code, so I was wondering if anyone can see the errors and a fix. I have version 3.4.5 and AddOn's most recent upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPSLib::makeNameFormatted() in /home/mentalea/public_html/forums/MEC/admin/applications_addon/other/addonchat/sources/hooks.php on line 75

Fatal error: Call to undefined method cp_skin_tools::settings_row_start_group() in /home/mentalea/public_html/forums/MEC/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/tools/settings.php on line 1174

settings.php

hooks.php

• 4 weeks later...

Archived