AndyF

InvisionFree Importer

19 posts in this topic

InvisionFree Importer

View File

This small script facilitates the conversion to IP.Board 3.x from InvisionFree by providing the correct empty database tables required.

This is usually required when converting from InvisionFree as the database backup as supplied expects an already existent 1.3 database to be present for the data to be inserted into. The script will create this for you and includes detailed step-by-step instructions to assist you.

Now updated to include the newer stopped_ columns as found in later IF databases.

Note this can be used to go from InvisionFree to IPS4 but you will require IPB3x to do this as you *must* convert to that first, then upgrade IPB3 to IPS4 as normal.

Maine and connorhawke like this

Hi, thanks for the script. I tried using it, but I get this error when I import the sql on phpmyadmin:

%7Boption%7D

Is this a problem with my invisionfree database (.sql) file?

I think so yes, as there's no stopped_posts or stopped_members in the db dump, at least the ones I have :). A typical line would look like this:

INSERT IGNORE INTO ibf_stats (TOTAL_REPLIES, TOTAL_TOPICS, LAST_MEM_NAME, LAST_MEM_ID, MOST_DATE, MOST_COUNT, MEM_COUNT) VALUES ('17364','936','tester','138','1140742706','77','123');

I'll look into this later though, although I've never seen that error before.

Maine likes this

^ Ohhhh, thanks. I tried removing stopped_posts & stopped_members & '0' '0' and it uploaded successfully. I'll try to continue installing and share if I have installed it properly.

AndyF likes this

Good to hear its OK. :) , I did test it on a couple of databases but that was all I could do to 'test' it really.

If you want to (completely optional naturally) export the ibf_stats table for me and PM it to me I'll see what's going on. When I get a bit of time later today, I'll examine a few versions but I do not recall seeing that in any of them.

I'd have to assume its a recent change from IF.

Edited by ΑndyF
Maine likes this

Hi Andy, the upgrade went well on my test forum, I shall do it on the actual site. Thanks for the script & help!

AndyF likes this

You're welcome. Pleased it worked well.

I will look into this stopped_x part as I did not have that in my test IF databases, although they are very old.

Maine likes this

Hi Andy,

Thanks so much for your wonderful script!

I actually used this on my board www.thebeyhive.com/board

although it seems to have saved everything, I am getting 0 posts nor are none of the topics / threads showing up. Is there a way you could help fix this?

AndyF likes this

Thank you for your feedback. :)

Are the members present ? (ignore stats, look at memberlist for now)

Edit a forums settings (pick one that you know has some topics present in it, the pencil icon) , on the "Postable Forum Settings" tab, scroll down to "Sorting / Ordering" , ensure that the sort filter is on "all topics"

As its a very large upgrade, you'd need to run the Clean Up tools in System, then the Recount / Rebuild tools too.

HI Andy! Thanks so much!
I had started the recount / rebuild process earlier today, but when I had done so, I wound up seeing 0 posts, 0 topics,and 0 members, etc. so I figured I had done something wrong.

No, that should be it. I have tested it with a couple of db's and it worked fine. :)

Can you use phpmyadmin ? , examine the ibf_members table. Ensure it is actually populated. Then do the same with the ibf_posts and ibf_topics tables too.

It almost sounds as though your database from IF was not imported fully. What method did you use to import it ?

Hi! I checked the tables and you are absolutely right. The ibf_topics tables is showing this message

"Showing rows 0 - 0 (1 total, Query took 0.0009 sec)"

I used the "import" tab to import my old .sql database.

OK, so it was skipped.

Start again with a new empty database, run the importer tool which will create the tables then upload the database via FTP to above public_html somewhere (so its not web visible)

At this stage, contact your host and tell them to import the database you just uploaded to the new empty database for you. They will do it via shell which won't break, assuming the backup was OK (it would be very rare for that to be a problem) :smile:

TheBeyHive likes this

Hi Andy,

our host (godaddy) actually told us that they would not help us with this issue.

this is the message I got after trying to import the databases myself

Ah. I have seen that before although the previous client who had that issue did not export the stats table for me to examine. This is something that was added to IF since my test db's were exported.

How big is the database file ? (the actual 1234567890.sql) file ?

One way assuming the file is not too big would be to manually chop that data out or I can do this for you if needed, if you are willing to .zip and send me your database. There are other ways too if not. :smile:

EDIT... If you are comfortable one other alternative is to open a copy of the database .sql in notepad++ (don't do this if its massive > about 15 or 20 mb though) and find...

INSERT IGNORE INTO ibf_stats (TOTAL_REPLIES, TOTAL_TOPICS, LAST_MEM_NAME, LAST_MEM_ID, MOST_DATE, MOST_COUNT, MEM_COUNT, stopped_posts, stopped_members) VALUES ('105838','1519','brebreyonce','1492','1326146646','433','1688','0','0');

Change to...

INSERT IGNORE INTO ibf_stats (TOTAL_REPLIES, TOTAL_TOPICS, LAST_MEM_NAME, LAST_MEM_ID, MOST_DATE, MOST_COUNT, MEM_COUNT) VALUES ('105838','1519','brebreyonce','1492','1326146646','433','1688');

Modify a copy, don't modify the original. That should work.

The issue is those two fields were added after my last export so I don't have a structure for them, they are not afaik 1.3.

Edited by ΑndyF

Rectified via PM. The small issue encountered was caused by the size of the source db, being so large it was not possible to import it easily via phpmyadmins importer.

Some minor additions have been added to prevent the stopped_ issue from occuring again, although its only later exported databases that this might of occured with, not a problem in reality really but avoiding it erroring out at all is better. :)