Download: [HQ] Google CSE -lite-

InvisionHQ

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been through all the templates I can find also, and nothing obvious - this is actually a great shame because this mod is fantastic and solves a major problem for me, but at the same time it gives me a problem because it opens in a seperate page/tab which isn't ideal - I'd love to use this mod but can't because of the issue at the moment !! Please HELP!! :smile:
Marko

Ahaaaaa ...
Just changed the following and it seems to work:

In "public/js/ips.googleSearch.js"

Change:

//customSearchControl.setLinkTarget( google.search.Search.LINK_TARGET_BLANK );[/CODE]

to

customSearchControl.setLinkTarget( google.search.Search.LINK_TARGET_SELF );

(note the removal of the // at the beginning of the line) and then change:

customSearchControl.setSearchCompleteCallback( ipb, ipb.googleSearch.pageChangeScrollTop );

to

//customSearchControl.setSearchCompleteCallback( ipb, ipb.googleSearch.pageChangeScrollTop );[/code]

(note the ADDITION of the // at the beginning of the line!)

Hi Martin, thanks for that link but it doesn't really take me anywhere other than to log into adsense - let me explain my situation in the hope you may be able to advise further - I already have an adsense account and I've already created (was actually using it previous to installing your mod) a custom search engine, but I'm still at a loss as to what's meant by merging my adsense with CSE (custom search engine) - are you able to explain further please?
Thanks in advance, oh and thanks for this mod, it's solving a major problem I was having using the CSE on it's own :)
Cheers
Marko

Think we could be looking or meaning different things here Martin - when I set up a CSE, it will automatically serve ads from my "results" page. The process of setting up a CSE in google (for me anyway) is entering the details and we then are given code for the actual "quick-search" box and code for the results page. I used to have the results page in IPContent, but now I'm using your mod they open in a popup window (which I find really good) - there isn't anyway I can see that I would "merge" or "associate" my CSE with adsense because as far as I can see, it already is. However, if I leave the CSE ID section blank in the ACP, the search works fine (obviously no ads are shown) but if I enter the ID for the CSE I created then no results are shown at all. This is what is confusing me :)

Thank you for a great hook/mod....

I have one problem (not really a problem but rather need help with it)

My site is using diffrent language and even my custom search specified the language in custom search on google, but your hook is not using interface language from google it is in English...

How can I use the custome search language on your hook to get the search interface from google in my site language????

Thanks (I turned it off untill fix this)

Thank you %7Boption%7D

I will look into this issue as soon as I can.

Any news on this issue Martin? Thanks
  • 1 month later...

I can't get it to work after upgrading. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Recached skin, still not appearing. Received this error when I tried to update the settings on the hook:

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /{invision admin folder}/sources/base/core.php(1558) : eval()'d code on line 13

I can't get it to work after upgrading. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Recached skin, still not appearing. Received this error when I tried to update the settings on the hook:

Fatal error[color=#000000]: Using $this when not in object context in [/color]/{invision admin folder}/sources/base/core.php(1558) : eval()'d code[color=#000000] on line [/color]13

I can confirm that error when updating the hook settings.

Fatal error[color=#000000]: Using $this when not in object context in [/color]/{invision admin folder}/sources/base/core.php(1558) : eval()'d code[color=#000000] on line [/color]13

I can confirm that error when updating the hook settings.

I am running IPB 3.3.0 and get the same eval() error. Disabled hook.

Fixed.

Thank you for a great hook/mod....

I have one problem (not really a problem but rather need help with it)

My site is using diffrent language and even my custom search specified the language in custom search on google, but your hook is not using interface language from google it is in English...

How can I use the custome search language on your hook to get the search interface from google in my site language????

Thanks (I turned it off untill fix this)

Thank you [img]

[/img]

I will look into this issue as soon as I can.

Any news on this issue Martin? Thanks

Please :)
  • 2 weeks later...

thank you for this great hook,

i have just small issue that i dont understand, adverts are not show in the first page, even if we go to the differents pages (1 2 3 ..),
it work only after i clic on the other tabs such as "web" tab, if i clic on this tab and return to my custom search tab i can see adverts !

its a js problem or java purhapse !?

Thanks for this great hook, Martin. It's a welcome addition to my forums.

A question about the position of the Google search popup window.

I would like to move the popup window up and have it scroll.

I am able to do this using Firebug, by changing the top value and changing position to "absolute":

id="googleSearchPopup_popup" class="popupWrapper" style="z-index: 10001; top: 112.25px; left: 170.5px; position: fixed;">

How would i implement this into the imGoogleSearchJs template?

I tried it myself and it's not working out as i expected.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived