• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

They have cancelled it... because there are too many topics about it :ph34r:

-----------

This post was made from my iPhone 4 :whistle:

I'm surprised you were even able to connect to the internet... :whistle:

Did they really cancel it though? I randomly found this thread from searching Google for Android things related to IPB.

I'm surprised you were even able to connect to the internet... :whistle:

Did they really cancel it though? I randomly found this thread from searching Google for Android things related to IPB.

No, we still have an Android app in the works.

At the moment Ian, the fastest selling phone is the Samsung Wave GS8500 running on a new mobile software called (Bada) it sold 1 Million units in 21 days of its release, It knocks the spots off of the IPhone4, its speed is mean. And from what is on the Internet the new Bada OS will be the OS for mobiles to come world wide. So the Android has already been surpassed sorry to say, and sales of the Iphone have plunged over the last two years and I do not think they will ever recover. Apple's market share slipped from 15.9 percent to 14.1 percent this year alone.

Though Samsung has been putting most of its PR budgets on the introduction of the Samsung Wave (with their new Bada OS), The company’s Galaxy S faster than expected. A few days ago, Samsung tweeted that the Samsung Wave has already been sold a million times, but in an interview with Fortune, the vendor announced that the Galaxy S sold a million units as well. The Galaxy S is considered to be one of the best Android phones on the market and Samsung expects to sell another 9 million of them. During Samsung’s developer day in Holland, the company also noted that it expects to sell 10 million Bada devices by the end of this year.

Read more: [url="http://blog.mobilegamesblog.com/?p=5222#ixzz0v6CFpIBn"]http://blog.mobilega...2#ixzz0v6CFpIBn[/url]

Sorry to say, however, I think this Bada OS will take a backseat to Android. Adroid has too much of a backing from their users and hardware vendors. Question though, if this OS is so great, why is Samsung choosing to use Android for their new flagship device? Why not Bada? Does not bother me though...I don't care for the quality and build of Samsung phones.

In addition, where is that Wave device being sold? For a device that is supposed to be so popular, I have not heard a thing about it?

Sorry to say, however, I think this Bada OS will take a backseat to Android. Adroid has too much of a backing from their users and hardware vendors. Question though, if this OS is so great, why is Samsung choosing to use Android for their new flagship device? Why not Bada? Does not bother me though...I don't care for the quality and build of Samsung phones.

In addition, where is that Wave device being sold? For a device that is supposed to be so popular, I have not heard a thing about it?

Each to their own man, each to their own, read the internet and you will soon see it.

At the moment Ian, the fastest selling phone is the Samsung Wave GS8500 running on a new mobile software called (Bada) it sold 1 Million units in 21 days of its release, It knocks the spots off of the IPhone4, its speed is mean. And from what is on the Internet the new Bada OS will be the OS for mobiles to come world wide. So the Android has already been surpassed sorry to say, and sales of the Iphone have plunged over the last two years and I do not think they will ever recover. Apple's market share slipped from 15.9 percent to 14.1 percent this year alone.

ROFL, that's the funniest post I've read all week. I never heard of this phone or OS. I doubt Samsung is going anywhere with this. Android is the future whether you want to believe it or not. They have all the momentum in their favor.

ROFL, that's the funniest post I've read all week. I never heard of this phone or OS. I doubt Samsung is going anywhere with this. Android is the future whether you want to believe it or not. They have all the momentum in their favor.

Agree - any OS that is owned by one company is not going to get very far.

To say it is more popular than Iphone and Android is laughable.

But of course Gerry as usual is always correct.

Agree - any OS that is owned by one company is not going to get very far.

To say it is more popular than Iphone and Android is laughable.

But of course Gerry as usual is always correct.

Soo,

Under that assumption iOS and Andriod is not going to get very far eh? (Andriod is Licensed to the vendors.. they don't own it)

It would be a little nicer if IPS Didn't essentially give the middle finger to Blackberry owners putting them behind everyone else.. Heck 80% of the people on my community who have smart phones are on them, the next highest is andriod and the lowest is iPhones

Soo,

Under that assumption iOS and Andriod is not going to get very far eh? (Andriod is Licensed to the vendors.. they don't own it)

It would be a little nicer if IPS Didn't essentially give the middle finger to Blackberry owners putting them behind everyone else.. Heck 80% of the people on my community who have smart phones are on them, the next highest is andriod and the lowest is iPhones

Not true - iOS is always just going to be for Apple phones. So it's popularity is the same as how ever many people buy the iPhone.

Android is a platform that is open to all manufacturers that wish to use it on their phones.7

Maybe in America! and if I made you laugh thats good, as you are not renound for your sense of humour. And favor is spelt Favour at least that's the way it is in the English dictionary and that is the language you speak, no such language as American English or English US, although you do try to change it, but it will always be English. Also the information is from the internet, so if you don't like the information tell them not me. " Android is the future whether you want to believe it or not" that's what iPhone said and they are now falling.

Anyway this is now going off topic, and I suggest we stick to the topic, and not hijack the thread.

After you went off topic with a tirade about your beloved version of English you suggest the discussion go back on topic? I may be new here but I'm not new to that kind of "let me take a dig at you but don't go off topic and take a dig back" kind of behavior (or behaviour if you must).

Now, back to the topic, Android has multi-vendor support, and most if not all of it is open source and GPL'd. Google is happy to work with any telecom company and manufacturer in order to gain market share. Any proprietary closed source software will likely lose to that in the long run. But we'll see how bad Bada is when it hits the world's largest economy (which surely is entitled to change the spelling of a few words so as to differentiate itself from its former tyrannical colonial owner). A native Android app would be a great addition to any forum software.

Soo,

Do you mean Blackberrys running Windows Mobile or Blackberrys running RIM's OS?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived