Security Problem on the "Share this link via Email" Page

IPBSupport.de

The

index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=forward&url=TOPICURL

Page (Share this link via Email) need a Captcha!

At the moment the form abused by Spambots to send Spam from the forum. Hope IPS will fix it ASAP (highly recommended at 3.1.2). :ph34r:

Here a Screenshot of a Spammail (see the message between the failure notice message):

post-145138-072825300 1278275812_thumb.p

Given the immediate abuse potential (which can get a site's emails blacklisted hurting valid registration emails) can we get a patch for this? Also if the facebook login css/skin (overflow with custom fields) error has been fixed can that be added too? :)

We are focusing heavily on getting 3.1.2 wrapped up and ready for release. That means we don't exactly have enough time write not to be releasing piece-meal patches (and I suspect this patch isn't just a couple of lines of code in one file either), but instead are trying to get the entire release ready for everyone as soon as possible. :)

• 7 months later...

Was this change made and distributed? Because I still have the issue.

I'd rather have a choice of captcha and questions -- and certainly I'd like to shut it off for guests and other groups (e.g. banned).

I've had this actively exploited.

Was this change made and distributed? Because I still have the issue.

I'd rather have a choice of captcha and questions -- and certainly I'd like to shut it off for guests and other groups (e.g. banned).

I've had this actively exploited.

If it's a problem for you, just disable it. I'd like to know how many people actually use that button anyway. If I want to share a thread with a friend, a "real" email telling them about it is a lot more personal than some forum-generated "Look at this!" message.

Archived