PM Notifications

Morrigan

OK, then I agree with the checkboxes you propose, but make them all enabled by default including the popup notification :thumbsup: and bring back the 3.0.5 style popup with the nice buttons and proper wording!

You can setup the defaults that you want in the ACP.

Right now inline is either or. You EITHER get an inline popup or an inline notification via the dropdown.

Seriously?

Which are popups and which are drop downs? That should really be clarified, especially because it is a user settable option that all members need to understand.

Well if you have the popup checked then they are all popups. If you have it unchecked then it's the dropdown. That's the point of this thread. I'm pretty sure Brandon is leaning toward adding a setting for Popup to be user specific.

Just add "Popup" to this:

Yes, that's effectively what I said.

Right now inline is either or. You EITHER get an inline popup or an inline notification via the dropdown.

Close. If you select "inline" you ALWAYS get the inline notification in the dropdown. If you check the box to receive a popup notification, then you will ALSO get the popup. So it's "one or both" rather than "either or".

Close. If you select "inline" you ALWAYS get the inline notification in the dropdown. If you check the box to receive a popup notification, then you will ALSO get the popup. So it's "one or both" rather than "either or".

Thank you. That is how I thought it was supposed to work.

Notifications seem to work a bit sporadically on this site, possibly on our 3.1.0 test forum too. Still trying to figure it out.

• 3 weeks later...

I much prefer this one myself. Simpler and cleaner.

Wow... how do I get that one?? These notifications to me are a bit convoluted. They pop up, but I can't seem to just click an "x" and delete them right then and there. I have to go to the seperate dropdown interface to delete/remove them, or they pile up in my sidebar. I don't understand my my notifications are not just linked to my read messages, and instead end up with notifications in one place and messages in another? I like the concept of "you have a message", you click on it, go to your message and read it, end of story. No seperate place to delete the "you have a message" notification.

Maybe I'm missing something. Is this a situation where folks complained about something simple until it became something complex? lol!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Wow... how do I get that one?? These notifications to me are a bit convoluted. They pop up, but I can't seem to just click an "x" and delete them right then and there. I have to go to the seperate dropdown interface to delete/remove them, or they pile up in my sidebar. I don't understand my my notifications are not just linked to my read messages, and instead end up with notifications in one place and messages in another? I like the concept of "you have a message", you click on it, go to your message and read it, end of story. No seperate place to delete the "you have a message" notification.

Maybe I'm missing something. Is this a situation where folks complained about something simple until it became something complex? lol!

This!

I totally agree. This is not a step ahead in usability, it makes everything only more complicated. If I've already read the message why would I want to be notified that it's still new? It isn't!

Many of my users don't even know they got a PM, for it's so unobvious.

Archived