IPB iPhone App Feedback

Steve H

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you might find this topic useful, although it is for IPB v2.3.x I know it works (Im using it) and you could probably adapt the code to work with v3.x

incidentally, it will maintain the .mobi extension in the address bar even though you are physically accessing the .com address.

i wil look at it Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah I've too noticed a number of faults in the application with even my site www.justabuseme.com/messageboard/

I'm guessing it is still a work in progress, but i will say, it has the bomb idea, once it takes off the ground.

A few errors i've noticed myself.

I'll keep an eye on the app.

[*]Login makes it goto the white screen occasionally. [*]Uploading photo does notice the catagory, but acts as it uploads, but really doesnt. [*]notifications don't seem to want to run smooth. and sometimes not at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I would agree the app is a good start except that it seems there is ALOT of initial bugs, from logging in, to uploading images. should really take the time to go through situation testing to have a solid foundation. I was really excited to see it, then used it and was a bit discouraged by its inability to do alot of features shown. With the slow responses with the support section I was lowered on the 5 star rating to a 2 in hopes its next release has more patience and thought. I am pleased with the Idea, saddened by the finished result.

The UI needs some simple improvements.
It's not obvious how to edit the sites you have loaded. "settings" isn't intuitive. Term of "edit sites" would be better.
Not obvious that the icon for 'forward' includes option to "go to forum list". That term too should be 'go to sites list'.
When saving a new site, there us a long delay whilst save button does processing, but there's no UI feedback that it's doing anything (other than save button staying depressed).
It's not obvious what the little > does on the site list page.

The 'notifications' settings in iPhone are not obvious either (they're in iPhone settings panel). You don't know they're there until discovering it at some point.
Very promising app. Incredible that it's free. Great value-add.

• 2 weeks later...

The 'notifications' settings in iPhone are not obvious either (they're in iPhone settings panel). You don't know they're there until discovering it at some point.

There is nothing that can be done for this. Those settings are managed by the iPhone OS, not by the application.

There is nothing that can be done for this. Those settings are managed by the iPhone OS, not by the application.

I see.
Just have a little plain text note within the IPB app which says "please check iphone general settings for notifications". Then we'd look.

• 1 year later...

Sorry about my ignorance as I am a newbie, but how do I guide people on my new forum to get the phone app? Where do they go and any helpful tricks I can include in a little "how to use" section?? I don't have an I-phone yet (soon) but my daughter and a friend couldn't find the app at the store. They find other apps for specific stuff?

Sure could use the help my friends... the more detail the better. Anything helpful would be great!

Sorry about my ignorance as I am a newbie, but how do I guide people on my new forum to get the phone app? Where do they go and any helpful tricks I can include in a little "how to use" section?? I don't have an I-phone yet (soon) but my daughter and a friend couldn't find the app at the store. They find other apps for specific stuff?

Sure could use the help my friends... the more detail the better. Anything helpful would be great!

There currently is no app available to be downloaded the one you are reading about here has been removed from the AppStore. The new iOS version however is currently in beta and a date is still to be announced however it shouldn't be that long.
When the app Is released your members will be able to download it from the AppStore.

• 4 months later...

:tongue: I'm just used to seeing that name at the top of the push notifications I get on my phone every couple of minutes...

Yeah, there is a slight discrepancy because the word "IPS Communities" is too long to show on the homescreen of an iphone.

Archived