Image Resizing

Bill Edwards

This is on the radar (simply due to how often it is requested). Can't make any promises when/what yet, but I'm aware of this request.

any chance of this in the IPB 4 ?

user uploads photo to gallery or forum @ xx.mb

gallery and forum resize to admin specified file size and dimensions and strip all exif data

I'm running out of explanations as to why this doesn't already happen when facebook et al can do it

also, if a member uploads a 5mb file the whole file has to be uploaded for the software to tell the user its too big and exceeds their specified limit anyway ( what it actually tells them is they have run out of space which isn't actually true) now that its on the server the server may as well resize it other wise all that bandwidth getting the file up there is completely wasted and the user either gives up, or has to resize it in photoshop and then re upload which = another waste of bandwidth

I feel this is one area where IPB is really behind with the times and doesn't seem to even want to catch up given the age of the thread :unsure:

I believe you can already set the limits to image sizes and that via the ACP.

Found it. Go: System > System Settings > Forums > Topics, Posts & Polls

Find "attached image options" and set the image sizes in height and width, respectively.

• 3 weeks later...

That works well for jpg, but a separate 'maximum filesize' setting would be useful.

While a typical setting (1000/600px) is ok for jpg's, the same for lossless images like png and gif can result in huges files.

• 2 years later...

Archived