Comments on Profiles

Morrigan

I was thinking about this (and I guess I could try it out but I think I might be right without testing) that the new Comments on status updates are not honored by the "Allow Comments" in the profile settings. I personally don't care but I'm sure some, that don't allow comments, won't want comments on their statuses either. Maybe it should be a blanket setting or perhaps another setting to allow comments on statuses in the profile.

Just a thought. ^_^

Yes but if you don't want comments on your profile then it's unlikely that you would want comments on your status' and being required to lock each status when it's posted might be offputting.

Like I said, it's not a personal taste of mine but a mild observation.

I disagree. Just because you don't want comments on your profile doesn't mean you don't want comments on your statuses.
I think there should be 2 individual options. Allow/Disallow comments on profile, Allow/Disallow comments on status.

I disagree. Just because you don't want comments on your profile doesn't mean you don't want comments on your statuses.

I think there should be 2 individual options. Allow/Disallow comments on profile, Allow/Disallow comments on status.

That's what I said. Either a blanket option to disallow all options or two options, one for profile comments and one for status comments. ^_^

That's what I said. Either a blanket option to disallow all options or two options, one for profile comments and one for status comments. ^_^

Right.. guess I missed that part then :D
Then I agree, but only if there will be 2 options :)

What bothers me is that the given status-comments from the members may be deleted at any time of them.
Only the Profil-Owner should can delete this comments, just as Profil Comments regulated is.
Many Informations going otherwise be lost and Relation Informations will destroyed.

I don't understand what you meant Energizer. Yes Members can moderate their own comments, as well as Admins moderating comments but what do you mean as far as relations and stuff? This suggestion is for turning on and off comments for statuses.

I don't understand what you meant Energizer. Yes Members can moderate their own comments, as well as Admins moderating comments but what do you mean as far as relations and stuff? This suggestion is for turning on and off comments for statuses.

You beat me too it I was thinking the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

@Morrigan, sorry for my bad Englisch....I try again:%7Boption%7D

Example: I give you total example 10 Comments of your Status-Updates. Example after 1 or more Days or Weeks, i can anytime my comments delete. That is not good.
I want a function, example:

Allow Members, their given Status-Updates comments can delete --- Yes/no

(No ---> Only Profil-Owner can Status-Updates Comments delete.)

Can you understand me, what I mean? %7Boption%7D

Profil-Owner of Status-Updates can anytime delete, but Member, wich has me given comments, only when if Profil-Owner this allows.

See example the Profile-comments. Here can you only as Profil-Owner delete.
The same i wishes me for the Status-Updates Comments.

Give the profile owner the option to allow comments to be deleted instead of the member that posted it? Yes I understand what you mean now.

Yes, exactly! %7Boption%7D
It is useful, when you have many Status-Updates comments from many different Members. If Members can uncontrolled anytime delete, then will information which together belonging destroyed. Members have then perhaps someday no longer wanted to read or leave comments. That would be a pity.

Archived