Download: MUDD - Multi UserAccount Detector v.1.0.1

The Geek

File Name: MUDD - Multi UserAccount Detector v.1.0.1
File Submitter: The Geek
File Submitted: 14 Feb 2010
File Updated: 18 Feb 2010
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

MUDD - Multiple Useraccount Detection Dinger v. 1.0.1
(Yes, I did work hard to make the acronym fit)

MUDD is an alarm system for users using multiple profiles from a specific computer. When a user is detected using multiple accounts from 1 machine, a report in the report centre is created. You can easily whitelist users and reports from the report centre.

It will also bust a good chunk of the people logging out, clearing their cookies and logging back in under another profile.

This is my first mod for IPS and as such have used it as a simple project to start getting used to the codebase.

Please follow the installation instructions in the package, otherwise you will have problems. %7Boption%7D

I look forward to comments, suggestions and small statuettes carved in my honour.

nJoy

Change log:

15/2/10 - v. 1.0.0

- Added star rating to show if match was made via cookie, or IP/Agent match. Basically 5 star means 100% positive, less stars mean less positive %7Boption%7D
- Removed report notifications as it needs some tweaking.
- Hadn't heard of any issues since beta so figured can't be any show stoppers. Am releasing as finished product now so I can bugger off to work on other things.

18/2/10 - v. 1.0.1

- Fixed notification bug. Notifications aren't set up, however it won't bug out now if you do have them active
- Fixed path for those who have admin folder renamed
- Fixed bug that prevented user being added to whitelist

Click here to download this file

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys, I'm up for any feedback as well. It sort of just occured to me to mention one TODO that will be done for the next beta because it does hold a slim chance of giving a false positive.

In the instance a cookie trip occurs, this is a 100% verfied trip. Those profiles are coming from the exact same computer.

However MUDD will also trip if the user logs out, deletes his cookies and logs in as another user. In that instance, it isn't 100% verifiable as its making best guess on IP addy, useragent details and timing. However right now it doesn't flag that to you, it just presents it as a trip. Just keep that in mind until next beta which pending feedback should be in a couple days.

The Geek,

Great mod! May I suggest using Flash Cookies as well as some way to ban proxies? If you are able to add these in future versions, it would be great. If not, I still love this modification. It's great! +1!!!!!

Thanks %7Boption%7D' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

This will still catch proxies unless they clear cookies between logouts. I thought about flash cookies but didn't look too far into it as I am not really a flash master DJ so not sure how I would implement. Also - not that hard to get around - just use a different browser %7Boption%7D' alt='' class='ipsImage' > They also have a bit of a bad wrap for privacy.

@Thanks everyone for your kind words. FWIW, I looked into AME but it currently isn't possible w/o file edits I think 3.1 should allow it. IPB has some level of support for uploading and configuring media tags already so it may be a pretty minor mod to do.

Thanks [img]

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >[/img]

This will still catch proxies unless they clear cookies between logouts. I thought about flash cookies but didn't look too far into it as I am not really a flash master DJ so not sure how I would implement. Also - not that hard to get around - just use a different browser [img]

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >[/img] They also have a bit of a bad wrap for privacy.

@Thanks everyone for your kind words. FWIW, I looked into AME but it currently isn't possible w/o file edits I think 3.1 should allow it. IPB has some level of support for uploading and configuring media tags already so it may be a pretty minor mod to do.

From what I have understood, if you use different browsers, the Flash Cookie will still be there.. But I understand none the less. Great mod and thanks a bunch!

Pests back lol , I tried logging in under another account I keep for if a coder needs access and got a whitepage with these errors >>

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/planetby/public_html/forums/admin/applications/core/sources/reportPlugins/mudd_report.php on line 242

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 262144 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /home/planetby/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/itemmarking/classItemMarking.php on line 650

Any ideas ? it did however detect it in report center

hmmm. Thats really odd, my line 242 is

return array();

I can't see how that would bork it. Can you edit the report plugin settings and make sure no one is set to recieve notifications? Notifications aren't set up right now and the line above is essentially there to stop notificaiton sending :D

HTHs!

Got a question: will detection still work if you are using external database authentication?

Not tested but it should do.

Surely line 290 of mudd_report.php should be:

require_once( IPS_ROOT_PATH . "sources/classes/member/mudd_functions.php");

Instead of:

require_once( DOC_IPS_ROOT_PATH . "admin/sources/classes/member/mudd_functions.php");

As people can rename the admin directory, so if they have then it will fail currently ;).

Same as lines 373 and 533 in the 'import_this_hook.xml' file.

Performing these edits makes it work on my install (with a relocated admin folder), otherwise it produces an error at login.

Archived