Show unread posts since last visit. -feature.

Owdy

IPB has that.

At the top right of the forum you will see a View New Content link. This will show you new content.

You can change this in your member control panel for one of two options.

Settings -> General Settings

Towards the bottom you will see Search settings with these options:

Option 1: Show me all new content since my last visit
Option 2: Show me all new content that I have not read

Is this what you're looking for?

Jamie

It would show all the most recent posts regardless of whether you read them or not, regardless of your last visit. Admins on my boards use those a ton.

That isn't how it used to work, so no, it's not possible.

In IPB 2.3, the "view new posts" feature showed all of the posts made since your last visit. It IS possible to do that in IPB3, by changing your option in your user control panel (on the first page, choose the option to show all posts made since your last visit).

There is still an active topics feature, which works the same as it did in IPB 2.3 as well. That feature shows all topics from the current day/week/etc.

• 2 months later...

How about Show new replies to your own posts?

My setting
Forums
Watch every topic I reply to
If enabled, choose default notification type: No E-mail Notification

[Save changes]

Watched Content - Topics tab

edit:
or
Search
Result sorting: Last Update Time - Descending (z-a)
Find author: ...
Do not show a post preview

Option 1: Show me all new content since my last visit

Option 2: Show me all new content that I have not read

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the default setting (globally) from Option 1 to Option 2 (that way all newly created accounts use Option 2 as standard). If people spend a lot of time on the site and take a while to go thru the pages upon pages of content, they will miss content as a result of Option 1 because it expires. Plus, a lot of my members are wanting to simply view unread (Option 2) and editing their profile to get this change is a chore. Any ideas how to change that default setting?

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the default setting (globally) from Option 1 to Option 2 (that way all newly created accounts use Option 2 as standard). If people spend a lot of time on the site and take a while to go thru the pages upon pages of content, they will miss content as a result of Option 1 because it expires. Plus, a lot of my members are wanting to simply view unread (Option 2) and editing their profile to get this change is a chore. Any ideas how to change that default setting?

I would really be interested if this could be Option 2 by default. Can that be altered somehow?

• 8 months later...

Archived