Download: (SOS30) Who Downloaded the Attachment v1.0.0

Adriano Faria

File Name: (SOS30) Who Downloaded the Attachment v1.0.0
File Submitter: Adriano Faria
File Submitted: 26 Jan 2010
File Category: Modifications

This mod will show the users who downloaded the attachment. Will show how many times each user has downloaded and the the last time they did it. You can also set which groups will can see the list.

Copyright Note

• This mod is an update of View Who Downloaded Attachment 1.0.1 mod, from ntd1712, for IP.Board 2.3.X. ntd1712 gave his prior consent to anyone who wanted to update his mods.

Click here to download this file

Does this add any more queries or delays etc?

I remember an old version of this being very server CPU intensive.
Sorry for the silly question. Just I remember ages ago a similar mod caused me major problems with page-load-up times in some threads.

However, I'd love a version that doesn't slow down a rather large community board with lots of attachments and downloads per day (all legit BTW).

Of course. It retrieves data from database.

Yes, that is obvious.

Perhaps I was not clear enough, I apologise and will try again:

How many extra queries does this create? Also, on a large board, would it slow it down more, than on a smaller board?
Do you recommend this on a large community board?

I would test it myself to see, but I remember the problem with the older version of this was that it started out alright. However, over time it slowed my board down to a snails pace and it took me ages to figure out it was that version of this script (took me weeks to hunt out the problem). Obviously, I do not want that to happen again. So I was just wondering if this script is coded much better & I will not end up with the same problem after 'x' amount of time with it installed that my forums gradually take longer and longer to load up threads/posts.

I hope you understand.
Thanks in advance for any information.

-xe-
  • 1 month later...

It works for me:

[img]

[/img]

Reinstalled on a 3.0.5.

Did you read the readme.html instructions ? Did you edited the files ? Did select you group to be allowed to view the list ? Did you make the hard-refresh at first topic view after hook instal ?

What do you mean? Did you make the hard-refresh at first topic view after hook instal
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tested -- at least the display works with 3.1.1. (You MUST refresh the page a few times, especially in Firefox, because of strong caching stuff. When the page had reloaded the ajax does work.)

However:

1. New downloads do not seem to be getting tracked. I always see "Number of downloads: 0". Why?

2. For old downloads, with it shows me the message "Number of downloads: 11", but when I click on the link, it shows me a message that there have been no downloads.

What can I do? For #2, does this hook look at the old downloads data in the default IP.Board table and show things accordingly?

Thanks for great hook.

• 3 months later...

I get a "You do not have permission for this action" popup when I click to view who downloaded the attachments. I'm running IPB 3.1.3.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, checked, double checked, and triple checked the permissions in the hook settings, and done about a hundred hard refreshes (alt + f5).

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived