Wow, the 1-800 number rocks!

appliancejunk

Tickets are fast :)

Never had an issue with tickets.

The phone was hit and miss - when I called from the UK, I was forwarded to an outside company, who I assumed incorrectly was ips, and invited to ask for a call back. Being in the UK, a call back was not an option.

I don't think I ever got through to IPS.

I don't know how long ago that was, but we can call out internationally.

If you call when all technicians are busy and we think the wait might be a while, we will send you over to an operator to take a message and they'll ask us to call you back. It's just to save you waiting on hold for ages, which everyone hates :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad you had a good experience. Their ticket supoort is SLOWWWWWW most of the time.

I have to agree here, though my experience is very limited
First license:
Took 1-2 days to get a simple "where can I download a converter" question answered. My first ticket, so that was not exactly an impressive turnaround time.
Cancellation response? Less than an hour, amusingly enough

Second License (ordered yesterday):
Install ticket opened up yesterday afternoon around 2pm
As of 1037 AM, still not installed, and of course, since it's hosted, my domain is pretty much worthless right now.

Upgrade ticket opened yesterday , 2:45. Response? 12 hours. Total time from response to resolution? 19 hours.

This is not exactly "fast", this is indeed very slow compared to professional hosting companies To disable a client's domain for hours is quite unprofessional as well.

Ideally, there is no reason that easy tickets (such as upgrade tickets) can't be closed out and resolved within 3-4 hours. Installs may take a bit more time, but not that much more, and certainly not close to 24 hours.

I have to agree here, though my experience is very limited

First license:

Took 1-2 days to get a simple "where can I download a converter" question answered. My first ticket, so that was not exactly an impressive turnaround time.

Cancellation response? Less than an hour, amusingly enough

Second License (ordered yesterday):

Install ticket opened up yesterday afternoon around 2pm

As of 1037 AM, still not installed, and of course, since it's hosted, my domain is pretty much worthless right now.

Upgrade ticket opened yesterday , 2:45. Response? 12 hours. Total time from response to resolution? 19 hours.

This is not exactly "fast", this is indeed very slow compared to professional hosting companies To disable a client's domain for hours is quite unprofessional as well.

Ideally, there is no reason that easy tickets (such as upgrade tickets) can't be closed out and resolved within 3-4 hours. Installs may take a bit more time, but not that much more, and certainly not close to 24 hours.

You know none of that is true.

The first ticket you are referring to was made after the conversions department had closed for the day (5.44pm GMT) and was answered first thing the following morning (9.17am GMT). That is not two days.

The ticket you opened yesterday was responded to just over 2 hours (2 hours, 18 minutes) after your first message asking you to set the name servers, after that you replied again after the department had closed (5.27pm EST) and it was answered this morning (10.33am). You then replied again today at 10.43am and we replied about an hour and a half later, then you replied again at 12.07pm and we replied 14 minutes later.
The software is installed... I'm looking at it right now.

And the response times on the tickets you didn't mention:
639728 - answered in 21 minutes.
603748 - answered in 23 minutes.
604653 - answered in just over an hour.
603530 - answered in 20 minutes.

As I have explained to you previously, we answer tickets in the order they're received - we don't look at a ticket to see if it's "easy" and if not, ignore it, that would be silly. However, you're really exaggerating the times it's taking and I really don't feel in any of your tickets that your response time has been anything less than very good.
I don't mind complaints when we've genuinely made an error or we're not providing the service level we've promised, but you are complaining for the sake of complaining when the service you've received has been exactly as advertised and what any reasonable person would find acceptable.

You know none of that is true.

Don't call me a liar again

The first ticket you are referring to was made after the conversions department had closed for the day (5.44pm GMT) and was answered first thing the following morning (9.17am GMT). That is not two days.

You're right, it only took 16 hours to get a simple question answered. I'm so sorry that I inconvenienced you while you were "closed for the day". Maybe we should just shut down the whole internet because IPS doesn't want to work after hours? That's unrealistic

The ticket you opened yesterday was responded to just over 2 hours (2 hours, 18 minutes) after your first message asking you to set the name servers, after that you replied again after the department had closed (5.27pm EST) and it was answered this morning (10.33am). You then replied again today at 10.43am and we replied about an hour and a half later, then you replied again at 12.07pm and we replied 14 minutes later.

Let's see the reality of this here, shall we?
Order placed at 2:10 PM CST
First response made at 430 CST
Replied within the hour.
Ignored until 930 AM CST
Replied within 10 minutes
Ignored again, until 11AM

Total time, order -> resolution? 21 hours. That's pretty horrible.

I really don't feel in any of your tickets that your response time has been anything less than very good.

Of course you don't, but guess what? You're biased. How would YOU feel if a company disabled your domain for close to 24 hours, which is what would have happened had I made the changes last night with ZERO warning that it wouldn't be touched until this morning? How would YOU feel if you had to deal with waiting on support for 24+ hours? You'd be just as frustrated as people are here. Ticket response times are typically awful. Yeah, occasionally, the "general support" department can do things, but, in the cases I've mentioned, these are all well over 12 hour responses, which is just unnecessarily long for customers that actually pay decent money for software.

Again, just because you want to call it a day doesn't mean that the rest of the world should shut down. You claim

We have technicians working almost 24 hours a day

but clearly you don't.

Let's put it another way:
If I submitted a ticket to my hosting company (ironically, something you are one of), and was kept waiting for 14 hours for a response to issues involving domain inaccessibility, they'd be replaced instantly.

• Management

I would say 21 hours for a resolution is well within what we promise for support. Your ticket required more than one response from our staff so it's an order of events.

You post ticket, our staff replies, you reply back, etc. You took time to reply to our staff just as our staff took time to reply to you. This is just the nature of, well, everything. All that said, your ticket was resolved in less than 24 hours.

I personally think that's quite good support. We have the business license if you want even faster times.

In looking at your post history on our community I can see it's all pretty much negative and you are clearly unhappy with everything we do here. You are certainly entitled to be unhappy with our services if they do not fulfill your needs it might be better if you look into another solution for your community. I would hate to have you hanging around here unhappy when you could go elsewhere and have your needs met.

You are certainly entitled to be unhappy with our services if they do not fulfill your needs it might be better if you look into another solution for your community.

Oh my... This comment makes me nervous.. if one of my employees ever told a customer to go elsewhere I would fire them on the spot! That type of comment says so much...

A couple of other issues have me re-thinking what I done by switching to Invision. I called for support on IP Content and talked to Josh just the other day. Josh said he wasn't very knowledgable about the product and doubted he could help me, I just should submit a support ticket??? I'm very glad I didn't get the business license like a I was going to. When I purchased Invision, the reason why I done it was because on your services page it says

Integration Services

Being sure your visitors can flow between your site and community is a key to the success of your community and maintaining your consistent branding. IPS can assist you with all the varied tasks from cosmetic design to custom feature programming to suit your goals.

Oh my... This comment makes me nervous.. if one of my employees ever told a customer to go elsewhere I would fire them on the spot! That type of comment says so much...

Funny things is Charles can't be fired. He's president. And personally, I like the response. It's honest and true, especially after the user is pouting and the support team cannot do anything else because they've done as much as they could (and gone out of their way to try and help out by explaining), and it's not IPS's fault (if it every was) anymore.

Oh, and good luck finding a better company. ;)

Simply put: If your ticket is noncritical, why does it need to be answered so fast? And, if it's marked critical, it will get answered appropriately.

Funny things is Charles can't be fired. He's president. And personally, I like the response. It's honest and true, especially after the user is pouting and the support team cannot do anything else because they've done as much as they could (and gone out of their way to try and help out by explaining), and it's not IPS's fault (if it every was) anymore.

Oh, and good luck finding a better company. ;)

Simply put: If your ticket is noncritical, why does it need to be answered so fast? And, if it's marked critical, it will get answered appropriately.

Simply put to you: Issue is they are not delivering what is in black and white on a webpage! It's called getting what you paid for and being provided the opportunity to get services they claim to offer! And no, I'm not waiting a week for any type of response. lol..

A better company? I wasn't using a company before! I think I needed this switch, it's made me open my eyes, that's for sure. I have money to burn and all I can say is paid is not necessarily better. Lesson learned, my bad.

And I didn't say fire him, I said I would fire an employee that said that!

Regards

Simply put to you: Issue is they are not delivering what is in black and white on a webpage! It's called getting what you paid for and being provided the opportunity to get services they claim to offer! And no, I'm not waiting a week for any tyoe of response. lol..

A better company? I wasn't using a company before! I think I needed this switch, it's made me open my eyes, that's for sure.

Regards

They promise 48 hour replies, you got that.
As for the custom work, they do it for larger clients quite a bit. I know Rikki (IPS Staff) does quite a bit of custom skinning for larger clients.

I think this topic has kind of gone way off course... to the original poster, thank you very much for your positive feedback.

Just briefly: csm, phone support does cover all products, but we can only support basic questions over the phone. If a problem requires investigation, it is quite normal for a support ticket to be filed so that we can better look into the problem, consult with a developer if necessary, etc. all the stuff to make sure you're getting the best answer we can give :)
As for custom services - we do do everything the website says, but we're not obligated to accept every project. The website does say to contact us to discuss your needs.

As always, if anyone has any concerns specific to your account - you should contact us. There's not a huge amount we can do on these forums since we don't know who you are :)

Archived