Wow, the 1-800 number rocks!

appliancejunk

I went ahead and purchased a hosting package to run a test site on.

Still trying to decide what other products I want to purchase.

Anyway the first thing I did with my new hosting package was to change the password in the client area.
After that I could not log into my cpanel.

I did not know what to do so I called the 800 number and was talking to some in seconds!

They created a support ticket and said someone would email me after it was corrected.
With in a minute or less of getting off the phone I had a email saying it had been corrected!

Wow, now that's customer service!

• Management

We don't really get that many calls. Being an Internet company most people just email or send in tickets. We also can't really "fix" broken things on the phone (would just be us breathing in your ear for quite a while while we research issues) so it's limited what can be done over the phone.

However, the phone is handy though for situations like this when a password is needed, a quick questions, account issue, or similar things.

• Management

I wouldn't say their ticket support is great. I submitted a ticket a half 10 in the morning, and its not past 5, and it's still not sorted. I'm going to phone.

That's well within our guaranteed response time plus it's a Monday too so things are always a bit backed up on Mondays. We offer the ability for customers to tag their tickets as critical if it's a time-sensitive issue as well. If it is something that is a priority then you could use that option.

For your particular ticket I feel you are being a bit misleading as our staff has been replying to you all day working with you on the problem which appears to be a server issue, not an IPB problem. It's not like we are simply ignoring you :) some issues simply take time to resolve. However, I will point your ticket out and be sure the staff gets to it as soon as they can.

We don't really get that many calls. Being an Internet company most people just email or send in tickets. We also can't really "fix" broken things on the phone (would just be us breathing in your ear for quite a while while we research issues) so it's limited what can be done over the phone.

However, the phone is handy though for situations like this when a password is needed, a quick questions, account issue, or similar things.

I like using tickets also. I have called twice. The first time was to confirm an install time, someone answered the phone and confirmed. Then the second time was today, I figured my problem was related to something stupid I did and they would know the answer since it was a fairly straight forward problem. Anyway, they answered the phone again today right away. Ended up being a more complicated problem and I had to submit a ticket anyway %7Boption%7D

Jamie

I went ahead and purchased a hosting package to run a test site on.

Still trying to decide what other products I want to purchase.

Anyway the first thing I did with my new hosting package was to change the password in the client area.

After that I could not log into my cpanel.

I did not know what to do so I called the 800 number and was talking to some in seconds!

They created a support ticket and said someone would email me after it was corrected.

With in a minute or less of getting off the phone I had a email saying it had been corrected!

Wow, now that's customer service!

Might want to sort out the email you registered with though. Customer lounge has many dark secrets to it :whistle:

What would be a response time that that you would not consider slow?

4 hours from 8AM-3AM EST for non critical issues. Immediate for "system down" type issues. I know the sales materials say there's a 2 day ticket turnaround for standard licenses and 1 day for business, but Invision should try to do a lot better than that. Especially for questions that don't require someone to log in to the users system. I have found IPS to be painfully slow for ticket support, and the one time they were quick, they stopped responding before the problem was completely resolved.

Lots of companies sell HW and SW with expected turnaround times. The good ones respond immediatly.

We of course aim to respond to all tickets as quickly as possible. We have technicians working almost 24 hours a day, and generally tickets are responded to in the sort of time period you're saying.
Ticket volume of course fluctuates, we can have days where we come in and there are 10 tickets, others where there 100. Today was one of the latter days, and I can appreciate how just one ticket on a bad day can change a positive opinion.

Tickets are fast :)

Never had an issue with tickets.

The phone was hit and miss - when I called from the UK, I was forwarded to an outside company, who I assumed incorrectly was ips, and invited to ask for a call back. Being in the UK, a call back was not an option.

I don't think I ever got through to IPS.

Archived