Great Refund Serivce IPS [NOT!]

Nevo

I bought the blog mod only to find out its nothing what i thought it was. When i requested a refund, i get bombarded with "we cant do that for you" crap.

Heres my pretty conversation with Nakisha.

On the 9th, i bought the blog module and only up until today did i install it.

Im highly disappointed with the Mod, its not at all what i thought it would be. If possible, could i get a refund?

I mean, in all honesty, i need something with sections for a reviews, not a user-related area.

I thought i could close off user posting, make the Blog a Review section and have my team of Staff post Reviews for Games but instead, i see the Mod is completely different then what i thought it was. Id really like a refund or a possible way to modify the Mod, but i think thats way to much work.

Hello,

Unfortunately, once the software has been downloaded it is our policy not to issue a refund.

Nakisha Thomas

Invision Power Services

Director of Customer Satisfaction

Why would someone want a refund for a product like this if they didnt dl it first and see it for themselves. I understand where you are coming from, but believe me, i have no use for this Mod! I just want my 50 bucks back, i would gladly spend it on something else that would benefit my site.

I didnt know the Blog was such a user-related thing. Please consider my case, i really don't have the cash to spend it like this.

Hello,

I am not able to refund the funds back to you. If you would like to use the funds for the IP.Blog on another product, I can do that for you.

Nakisha Thomas

Invision Power Services

I dont want to use the funds on another product. I want my money back. Why are you not able to give me back my 50 dollars.

I know i am able to get it back if i were to get Paypal to do it, but i dont want to go there, it doesn't have to go there. I only want my money back for a product that im extremely unhappy with. I thought IPS had 100% customer satisfaction, or was i wrong to think that.

Hello,

Below is a link to our standards of service regarding refunds.

http://www.invisionpower.com/company/standards.php

Nakisha Thomas

Invision Power Services

Again, i have no use for this useless blog module! You know what im regretting here? That i shouldn't have boughten it, i should have just downloaded it from a Warez site, installed it, seen how bad it was and been like, wow. I was about to waste 50 dollars on this mod.

Nakisha, i want a refund. I dont care for you policy. Be human and understand that i just want my 50 bucks back, i dont have any use for this mod. Please, im asking you one last time to give me a refund.

Like wow, i just want my 50 bucks back and its leading to be so difficult. I never thought IPS would have this kind of problem. Normally any other Company goes, okay, your not satisfied, thats alright, we WILL give you back the money. The real drag is... i thought IPS was all about Customers, no?

What do you all think about this?

Hm?

Most of software company that does digital delivery do not guarantee refunds. It's a common sense in this day and age.
Furthermore, IPS TOS or agreement should state that there is no refund.

Try getting refund with Vbullein also. You will also get "We can't do that for you" stuff.
The same with Adobe if you chose digital downloads.
Also the same with Microsoft webstore.

• Management

I'm not aware of many software packages that once opened/downloaded/installed, are able to be refunded. This policy is not unique to IPS and one we certainly don't hide. I'm sorry you're disappointed, but hope that you do understand our position.

• Management

As with any software company we do not offer refunds once the software is downloaded. It is an industry-standard practice. If you buy a boxed software product at a store and break the seal on the enclosed CD you cannot get a refund. We have the same sort of policy as with just about every software company I know.

I think it was quite generous of her to offer to give you a credit.

Did you not look at the blogs here?

I believe you could also have had a trial as well if you wished.

Like anything once you download or open software etc., then 99/100 it is non-refundable.

I would put it down to experience and move on. Being rude to the staff will not help your cause.

• Management

Did you not look at the blogs here?

I believe you could also have had a trial as well if you wished.

Yes that's why we have the blogs installed here and you can always get a 24 hour demo account to play with products before purchase. It's not like we are hiding anything :)

Any software bought that I know of is always un-returnable if the item is opened. If it is opened, it can be exchanged for the same product. Since the it was downloaded, I wouldn't expect it to be refunded. Plus, there is a demo system on the IPS site where all products can be tried before you buy.

Buying an item in the store and buying software online are 2 different things. And your wrong about that, i can easily go to say, futureshop, buy a computer, open it up, plug it in, dislike it, go back, and say, i want a refund, and they will give me it 100%. Aslong as everything is the way i bought it.

Im just asking for a damn refund of 50 bucks. I have no use for the damn blog module. You guys are really stressing me out here. I will go to Paypal and request them to give me back my 50 dollars if i have to. Your not leaving me with any options here. I dont need the Mod. PERIOD. Im trying to be nice and get my point across.

You could have checked out what the blog system was like here at the IPS forums, asked other users questions here, or signed up for a demo board which has all of the current IPS apps installed for you to try out.

Since you were also offered a $50 credit, and if you intend to continue using IP.Board, you may want to put that towards your next year of upgrades and support if you're not interested in any of the other IPS apps.

I would've never bought IP.Content without first seeing it in action. Seeing it here on the IPS forums and then being able to play around with it a bit on a demo board is really what sold it for me.

You could have checked out what the blog system was like here at the IPS forums, asked other users questions here, or [url="http://www.invisionpower.com/products/demo.php"]signed up for a demo board[/url] which has all of the current IPS apps installed for you to try out.

I would've never bought IP.Content without first seeing it in action. Seeing it here on the IPS forums and then being able to play around with it a bit on a demo board is really what sold it for me.

You right, it was my mistake not trying the Demo first, but thats in the past now. Whats present is me trying to get my money back for a product im not going to use because it sucks.

Edit: And whos the stupid butthole surfer who keeps putting my posts as negative. Honestly.

• Management

That's why we have a demo :)

We definitely don't try to convince people to buy things without knowing what it is. That brings on topics like this ;)

It might sound counter-productive to sales but there have been times I have talked customers out of buying an application I knew they did npt need or would not work as they were intending. I figure, yes I might lose a sale but I am actually saving both IPS and the customer grief later on.

To the OP:

If you do not like Blog, and didn't look at it before buying for some reason, a good alternative is to post suggestions on how it can be improved. You might also note that the new version of Blog will be released in just a few days.

If that computer store has that policy then that is up to them - they are not obliged to refund you.

Only if the product is faulty would you be entitled to some form of refund.

This is also the requirement of PayPal - simply changing your mind is not good enough.

Buying an item in the store and buying software online are 2 different things.

Indeed. Those two are very, very, different. By returning an item you've physically bought, you are allowed to get refund or store credit. Returning a digital software is entirely different as copying such an intellectual property is a piece of cake and takes only few clicks.

If that computer store has that policy then that is up to them - they are not obliged to refund you.

This is also the requirement of PayPal - simply changing your mind is not good enough.

Not at all, the requirement of paypal is dissatisfaction. Im not happy with my purchase so i want my money back. Its that simple.

It might sound counter-productive to sales but there have been times I have talked customers out of buying an application I knew they did npt need or would not work as they were intending. I figure, yes I might lose a sale but I am actually saving both IPS and the customer grief later on.

And that right there is an example of excellent customer service. It usually shocks the customer and they appreciate it

Well, In the UK you have the Sale of Goods Act to protect you from that, and you can change your mind within "a reasonable time period" as long as the entire product is returned.

Still, that has no relevance to this topic. Can I just suggest that you accept the credit, and then it is a year of IP.Board renewal sorted for you?

Indeed it is, but i still want my money back.

stomping your feet isn't going to help ;)

We all make decisions we regret - heck I have not been at all happy with several IPB mods I have purchased from members here - but I have not demanded my money back from any of them.

Why? Because they all work to a degree and perhaps it was my fault for rushing in and buying them.

And that is more than $50!

Well, In the UK you have the Sale of Goods Act to protect you from that, and you can change your mind within "a reasonable time period" as long as the entire product is returned.

Still, that has no relevance to this topic. Can I just suggest that you accept the credit, and then it is a year of IP.Board renewal sorted for you?

Sigh, you know what, fine. Ill take the credit. Ill take IP content instead.

Archived