Chat History

Joel Carpenter

Before we upgraded to the most recent software version we had a 'shoutbox' - parachat I believe. This used to display the last 50 or 100 shouts so you could always go in and see what was being discussed.

We have installed ip.chat now, but the box seems to be empty every time I go in there. If a chat is in progress it may retain the shouts, but it certainly doesn't retain them as with the previous application which kept them indefinitely.

I can't find a relevant setting and wondered if this feature is there somewhere?

Thanks

But what if I want the chat window to retain conversations for viewing actually inside the chat page, so members are able to see what the most recent discussion was?

We used to be able to log on in the morning and see what all the late night drunkards had been discussing, it was one of the best features of the chat room; a rolling discussion that never cleared.

But what if I want the chat window to retain conversations for viewing actually inside the chat page, so members are able to see what the most recent discussion was?

We used to be able to log on in the morning and see what all the late night drunkards had been discussing, it was one of the best features of the chat room; a rolling discussion that never cleared.

+1 for this.
If the chats are logged, why cant they be displayed?

The table holding active chats is pruned every 1 minute to a backup table. This is done to keep the table that is accessed every few seconds by every chat installation light and fast.

Then chat logs are compiled from the backup table. That is why you can see data in the chat logs, but not in the active chat window presently.

That is why you can see data in the chat logs, but not in the active chat window presently.

When you say 'presently' do you mean this will change and soon we'll be able to retain a recent history of chats within the chat room itself. The previous software we ran did this (para chat). We've now paid for a service which, to be honest, our members are less than impressed with.

I look forward to a reply.

Thanks

When you say 'presently' do you mean this will change and soon we'll be able to retain a recent history of chats within the chat room itself. The previous software we ran did this (para chat). We've now paid for a service which, to be honest, our members are less than impressed with.

I look forward to a reply.

Thanks

No, I didn't mean to imply it would necessarily change. I said presently because that's how it presently works. It *could* change in the future, but there are no immediate plans to make this change.

No, I didn't mean to imply it would necessarily change. I said presently because that's how it presently works. It *could* change in the future, but there are no immediate plans to make this change.

Any other options in returning to the previous mode of having the recent chat history stored in the chat room for all users to see?

Can we revert to the old application (para chat)?

Thanks

Archived