Download: Duplicate Members Logger

PrinceOfAbyss

Works for me. I've had something like 40 hits so far. When I installed it I tested it and it detected 2 accounts being signed into from my computer.

There are no settings for this hook. You have checked the "Manage duplicates" page?

I suggest logging into the 2 accounts again and then rechecking.

3DKiwi

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

While browsing the duplicates table in my community's ACP I noticed that there were many duplicate records for the same member_ids, even for my own member_id. After studying the issue, I figured there is an 'inconsistency' when a member deletes their flash cookie installed by the app, either intentionally after discovering it, or unintentionally during a computer format, etc...

So, at first I need to figure out a way to prevent this from happening in the future (I've already have an idea for that), but most importantly I need to figure out a way to rebuild the already stored data in the duplicates table.

For that purpose, I have a sample (from my own community) to study, but before releasing an update that might cause problems to others, I'd like to have an eye on more data as well. So, whoever wants, you can PM me a dump of your <prefix>_duplicates table so that I can study the issue further. Don't worry, there is no vital data in that table other than member_ids.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Another suggestion is on the "Manage duplicates" page you should be able to click on a member name. You are then taken the manage member page with the clicked on member's details. You can then ban the IP etc. Banning from the Manage duplicates page doesn't block the IP.

3DKiwi

Can you please add option to merge 2 members ? I mean at present I see ban or delete option.

Also possible to add opton for deleting reports?

Option to merge 2 members is a very good idea. I'll implement it in the next release.
Option to delete a duplicate row... I'm not sure I understand what you mean. A pair of members is displayed in the Duplicates list until you either delete one/both of the members, or exclude the pair from further checking (which then moves the pair in the Exclusions list). What would the point to delete a row without taking any action be?

Another suggestion is on the "Manage duplicates" page you should be able to click on a member name. You are then taken the manage member page with the clicked on member's details. You can then ban the IP etc. Banning from the Manage duplicates page doesn't block the IP.

3DKiwi

I can do both actually. I mean, make the member's name linkable to the ACP member's edit page, and also add the option in the hover menu to Ban each of the IP's of the pair (just to save you the intermediate step to visit the member edit page, if you only want to ban their IP).

There were a topic however about suggestion for this app here. I didn't see any interest though.

Just installed this and when trying to reach the forum on public side i get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function includeDMLObject() on a non-object in forum/hooks/duplicateMembersLoggerHook_4e4bcf243d3170a21e434f3414d288f6.php on line 30

Disabled the hook and can now reach the forum again, any suggestions?

IP Forum 3.2.3

While browsing the duplicates table in my community's ACP I noticed that there were many duplicate records for the same member_ids, even for my own member_id. After studying the issue, I figured there is an 'inconsistency' when a member deletes their flash cookie installed by the app, either intentionally after discovering it, or unintentionally during a computer format, etc...

So, at first I need to figure out a way to prevent this from happening in the future (I've already have an idea for that), but most importantly I need to figure out a way to rebuild the already stored data in the duplicates table.

For that purpose, I have a sample (from my own community) to study, but before releasing an update that might cause problems to others, I'd like to have an eye on more data as well. So, whoever wants, you can PM me a dump of your <prefix>_duplicates table so that I can study the issue further. Don't worry, there is no vital data in that table other than member_ids.

Thanks in advance.

Any volunteer for this???

What a peaceful community do you run, eh? Only to dups? You hardly needed this app.

Yup, I need MUCH MUCH MUCH more data. Thanks a lot though! :tongue:

It's OK, I have solved the issue anyway... Just wanted to make sure it's working 1000% as intended before I include it to the new minor update.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. The hook is working fine with 3.3.1 however any time I run the "Rebuild" command I end up with a blank white page. The rebuild is actually done but I need to close the blank page down or go back. This didn't occur with 3.1.4.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks
Nigel

Archived