Mobile skin eta?

bgk

I've been using this iPhone skin:

http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/2619/entry-3591-New-iPhone-skin-released/

Maybe IPS can purchase it and include it in IPB? Regardless, the developer has priced it very nicely.

I'd like to see the skin tested on other mobile phones as well (there are 4 or 5 major smartphone OS's that it should be tested on).

But, this iPhone skin is a very good start to a Mobile skin. The current lo-fi skin isn't that inspiring as a mobile skin.

I've been using this iPhone skin:

http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/2619/entry-3591-New-iPhone-skin-released/

Maybe IPS can purchase it and include it in IPB? Regardless, the developer has priced it very nicely.

I'd like to see the skin tested on other mobile phones as well (there are 4 or 5 major smartphone OS's that it should be tested on).

But, this iPhone skin is a very good start to a Mobile skin. The current lo-fi skin isn't that inspiring as a mobile skin.

KT Walrus - check the mobile skin they have in development (available on this board from the skin chooser!) It looks rather good to me... and is hopefully free :)

KT Walrus - check the mobile skin they have in development (available on this board from the skin chooser!) It looks rather good to me... and is hopefully free :)

This skin isn't very good on the iPhone. Mainly, because it doesn't set the viewport size and disable resizing. Maybe if these were fixed (rather easy to do), the skin would work much better. The real important part is to pick font sizes that work well on the iPhone and don't clutter the screen with info that isn't all that important.

If you have an iPhone, try browsing this board and then try browsing the demo board at http://www.vastyles.com/ipb3 and I think you will find the later skin much more usable.

The mobile skin on this board is NOT iPhone-specific. It's designed to be a generic skin that can be used by any mobile device.

It will be released, free of charge, in due time. Unfortunately Rikki is busy with other responsibilities and wasn't able to wrap it up to include in 3.0.5. I believe the plan is to release it separately once it's finished.

Good to know its coming.... I do hope it is made a bit more touch friendly (text be a tad bigger and make the whole table cell clickable vs just the text link). Other than that I really like the mobile site as it is.

And of course add support for the other parts of the invisionpower suite (content, blog, gallery)

Tinmans iPhone skin is great, I would agree. Our new mobile skin is designed to be a more generic mobile skin, not just for iPhone but for the wide range of smartphones that are available, so that's why it doesn't 'look' like an iPhone skin :) If you do want an actual iPhone experience, I would recommend Tinmans, it's the best I've seen so far.

The current plan is to include our new Mobile skin in 3.1, possibly with a standalone beta before that :)

Archived