Feature Requests

OrahChris

I have a suggestion.

Even if you have it set to allow guests access to the chat room, they still can't access or even see it if your boards closed to guests.

If a guest trys to access a members only boards chat room they should be able to see it but be met with a prompt encouraging them to become a member to use it. You see what i'm trying to say?

It doesn't work that way I'm afraid. IPB checks if the board requires you to login BEFORE it lets any application execute, so it's not possible for chat (or any other application) to show stuff to guests if the settings require guests to login before accessing the board.

• 4 weeks later...

I've not seen this option suggested yet but how about a report feature? Perhaps the user could click on the offenders nickname next to the link they've just entered and select "Report this line" or similar.

The other thing that could be handy is a /help feature which could list all the switches like /report, /msg, /join etc - whatever gets added in the end.

/help would be neat if there were more than one command. Right now it's just "/me" so it's not really needed I think, but in the future it might be.

The other thing that could be handy is a /help feature which could list all the switches like /report, /msg, /join etc - whatever gets added in the end.

Yes, I was referring to future releases when presumably there will be more commands. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I feel that there should be an option somewhere to make a users profile photo appear between their name and the colon when they write something in the chat. Currently their photo appears next to their name in the user list, but in the actual chat all of the names are just the same shade of grey and it can make it difficult to differentiate who is speaking quickly.

While the grey names give the chat a very classy and minimalist look, I still think I would prefer something more functional. Though I don't really like the idea of assigning users random colors either.

• 5 months later...

When we add multiple rooms (which we will)...

Sweet, can't wait, thanks! Any timeframe on this? We'd love it with even just two rooms. One public, and one for only Admins/Mods. Right now I've locked out everyone but Admins/Mods so we can have discussions freely without worrying about regular users wandering in and out and seeing things they shouldn't.

What about a <Clear Text> feature, so any Admin can hit it and clear all prior text/history in that room. Any plans for that?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm all for the moderation, invite, and multiple room features sometime in the distant future, but how about some simple features sooner?

1) Text styles that stick. I don't want to format text for every post.

2) A pop-out so the bare bones room floats instead of opening the room in a new window. I don't want the whole page with the header if I'm going to float the room.

I'm guessing these two could be added without much trouble, and would be enough for me to ditch the Java IRC workaround that I've been using since 1998 and pay for the Invision room.

Archived