IP.Subscription Coupon/Promotion Idea

Chris R

Wasn't too sure where to post this...

I have a few ideas that I think would be beneficial for IP.subscriptions though.

Coupon Codes
This would work like coupon codes you see at any major retailer. A code that would take a certain percentage off a package, or knock it down to a certain price. For simplicity sake, you could just enter a set amount the coupon code reduces the price to.

Promotional Things
Perhaps an option where someone could get a subscription free for 30 days, or a coupon code that does this?

Here's the idea behind this idea.
I was thinking about printing out some promotional info on my new site I'm working on to give out at events. These would have code(s) on them for free premium memberships or whatnot. I think it'd be a pain to have unique codes on each one, but it would be nice if something like this could work.smile.gif

[quote name='Ohn03s' date='18 November 2009 - 12:36 PM' timestamp='1258547778' post='1880263']
This option could be handy yes :) Maybe its also an idea to add a limit of use on coupon codes?

Yep. That sounds good too. I imagine this coupled with an coupon expiry date would make a pretty powerful system. smile.gif

[quote name='.Ian' date='18 November 2009 - 03:59 PM' timestamp='1258559969' post='1880337']
We could do with multiple subscriptions before coupons :(

Multiple subscriptions would be good too I think. Personally I think I'd find the coupons more useful than multiple subscriptions, but it would be nice to see all of these features creep into Subscriptions. whistle.png

Archived