Download: (SOS30) Recent Topics v1.1.0

Adriano Faria

File Name: (SOS30) Recent Topics v1.1.0
File Submitter: Adriano Faria
File Submitted: 03 Jul 2009
File Updated: 28 Nov 2009
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

This hook will show a box with the last five topics/posts on board index. You can set how many topics do you want to show, the interval for the list auto update, exclude forums and groups allowed to see the list.

To notify you about new topics/posts, this hook uses an effect that will pulsate the list only if some new topic or new post is made.

Copyright Note

• This hook is an upgrade of D23-Recent Topics 1.1 mod, by Dean & Logan, from D-Scripting. This upgrade was allowed by Logan.

Special thanks

• I would like to thank m4rtin for the big help on prototype stuff. Really awesome!

Changes from 1.0.2 => 1.1.0

1. Ajax popup on topic replies to show who posted on topic
  2. Full path (breadcrumb) to the topic forum
  3. Link to the first and the last post of the topic

Changes from 1.0.1 => 1.0.2

1. Changes to use this hook on IP.Board 3.0.2

Changes from 1.0.0 => 1.0.1

1. Fixed permission. Now, the hook will only show topics to users that has SHOW FORUM and READ TOPICS permissions enabled.
  2. Fixed Minimum and Maximum IP.Board Version on Hook Requirements

Click here to download this file
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When i install this i get this error. I have to disable it.

===================================================

Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 15:17:13 +0000

Error Number: 1064

Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY t.last_post desc LIMIT 0,5' at line 2

IP Address: 

Page: /index.php?

Debug: array (

1 => 

array (

'file' => '/var//public_html/ips_kernel/classDb.php',

'line' => 996,

'function' => 'query',

'class' => 'db_driver_mysql',

),

3 => 

array (

'file' => '/var//public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php',

'line' => 2836,

'function' => 'getOutput',

'class' => 'topicosrecentes',

),

4 => 

array (

'file' => '/var//public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php',

'line' => 2164,

'function' => 'templateHooks',

'class' => 'output',

),

5 => 

array (

'file' => '/var//public_html/admin/applications/forums/modules_public/forums/boards.php',

'line' => 120,

'function' => 'sendOutput',

'class' => 'output',

),

6 => 

array (

'file' => '/var//public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php',

'line' => 291,

'function' => 'doExecute',

'class' => 'public_forums_forums_boards',

),

)

mySQL query error: SELECT t.*,m1.members_seo_name as nome1, m1.member_group_id as grupo1,m2.members_seo_name as nome2, m2.member_group_id as grupo2 FROM ibf_topics t  LEFT JOIN ibf_members m1 ON ( m1.member_id=t.starter_id ) 

LEFT JOIN ibf_members m2 ON ( m2.member_id=t.last_poster_id )   WHERE t.approved = 1 and t.forum_id in() ORDER BY t.last_post desc LIMIT 0,5

===================================================

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Problem
System 3.0.4
Hebrew Language System RTL

Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML() [function.DOMDocument-loadXML]: Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding ! Bytes: 0xFA 0x6D 0x65 0x72 in Entity, line: 14 in /home/ibforum/public_html/bw-f.co.cc/ipb3/ips_kernel/classXML.php on line 353

Problem

System 3.0.4

Hebrew Language System RTL

Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML() [function.DOMDocument-loadXML]: Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding ! Bytes: 0xFA 0x6D 0x65 0x72 in Entity, line: 14 in /home/ibforum/public_html/bw-f.co.cc/ipb3/ips_kernel/classXML.php on line 353

Had the same problem, i just removed this line from hook xml file:

<hook_extra_data><![CDATA[a:4:{s:7:"display";a:2:{s:8:"settings";s:108:"Setting groups: (SOS30) Recent Topics v1.0.2<br />Settings: Grupos, N
  • 1 month later...

SalonicaTown - this is in fact a recent replies hook. IPB already has a recent topics hook built in. Just enable it. The portal also has a recent topics block that can be added by pasting in the recent topics exportable tags as shown in the ACP.

3DKiwi

IPB already has a recent topics hook built in. Just enable it.

3DKiwi

yes.I have that enable but i have no options for more recent topic.By default that hook has only 5 recent topics and no permissions by group.
Also i like this one cause is on top of categories and has the ajax build in..
I'm sure to this mode if you remove some code will show only topics and no replies..Must be a way..

I do have v3.0.5 and I have tried to install this hook...

I have uploaded via FTP the files, and then in ACP I have installed the XML... and then, it appears that the hook is installed but the rest indicates 0 templates installed...

The hook appears with no name...

And I go to change the configuration of the hook in ACP and there does not appear any HOOK tab...

Any tip, please ???

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I do have v3.0.5 and I have tried to install this hook...

I have uploaded via FTP the files, and then in ACP I have installed the XML... and then, it appears that the hook is installed but the rest indicates 0 templates installed...

The hook appears with no name...

And I go to change the configuration of the hook in ACP and there does not appear any HOOK tab...

Any tip, please ???

I have the same problem, Adriano, can you help please ?
I removed it, reinstalled it, and no change

Regards,
Kurt

Archived