-RAW-

Manage Inactive Members

372 posts in this topic

Latest 3.04 release breaks this mod.

Any thoughts on updating this?

Latest 3.04 release breaks this mod.

Any thoughts on updating this?

My mistake. I had not upgraded the mod to 1.01. Sorry :whistle:

I am getting this error. Any idea how to fix it.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'FLOOD_STOP' in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/forum/admin/applications/members/sources/classes/messaging/messengerFunctions.php:1619 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/inactiveMembers/tasks/moveinactive.php(298): messengerFunctions->sendNewPersonalTopic('1614', '1', Array, 'Inactivity Aler...', 'Hi, wemg??We've...', Array) #1 /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/inactiveMembers/modules_admin/runTasks/runTasks.php(64): task_item->runTask() #2 /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/inactiveMembers/modules_admin/runTasks/runTasks.php(21): admin_inactiveMembers_runTasks_runTasks->runTask('im_task_moveIna...') #3 /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(291): admin_inactiveMembers_runTasks_runTasks->doExecute(Object(ipsRegistry)) #4 /var/www/vhost in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/forum/admin/applications/members/sources/classes/messaging/messengerFunctions.php on line 1619

Turned out the task didn't bypass the flood control in personal topics. The latest release (1.0.2) should fix that.

1. How do I update it? Remove old one totally and install new one? or just patch one file (which file)?

2. "Move Inactive moves an inactive member, and moves them back again if they return." How does it work?

Thank you for updating mod. Much appreciated.

1. Update it just like you update the board itself. Upload the files (overwriting the existing ones), go to "Manage Applications" and you should be notified that there is an upgrade ready for one of your applications.

2. Look at the settings. You have the option to move them back (automatically) next time they visit the board, or next time they make a post.

It's in the readme file, but it goes to your forums root directory, where you'll find "index.php", "conf_global.php" and "initdata.php".

I guess by "latest activity" it means latest post on forum. Is it possible to make it last login instead?

"Last Activity" is the last time the member did anything on the board. Whether they viewed a topic, posted a reply, or just loaded the index doesn't matter. That timestamp is updated on every page view.

Thanks! One more question.
does(IM) Delete Inactive Members deletes the member itself and his posts?
Is it possible to leave posts as they are and delete only member?

I get an SQL error when I try to run the task "Delete Inactive Members".

Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 23:32:00 +0000

Error Number: 1064

Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 0,250' at line 1

IP Address: *censored*

Debug: array (

1 =>

array (

'file' => '/home/user/www/forum/ips_kernel/classDb.php',

'line' => 1019,

'function' => 'query',

'class' => 'db_driver_mysql',

),

3 =>

array (

'file' => '/home/user/www/forum/admin_dir/applications/core/modules_admin/system/taskmanager.php',

'line' => 464,

'function' => 'runTask',

'class' => 'task_item',

),

4 =>

array (

'file' => '/home/user/www/forum/admin_dir/applications/core/modules_admin/system/taskmanager.php',

'line' => 80,

'function' => 'taskManagerRunTask',

'class' => 'admin_core_system_taskmanager',

),

5 =>

array (

'file' => '/home/user/www/forum/admin_dir/sources/base/ipsController.php',

'line' => 291,

'function' => 'doExecute',

'class' => 'admin_core_system_taskmanager',

),

)

mySQL query error: SELECT member_id, email, joined, last_post, last_activity, members_display_name, member_group_id, posts, allow_admin_mails FROM ibf_members WHERE ( last_post <= 1246404720 OR ( last_post IS NULL ) AND joined <= 1246404720 AND member_group_id IN (41) LIMIT 0,250

I also get a white screen when trying to run the task "Move Inactive Members", this was in an error log in the admin root:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'TO_USER_CANNOT_USE_PM' in /home/user/www/forum/admin_dir/applications/members/sources/classes/messaging/messengerFunctions.php:1674

Stack trace:

#0 /home/user/www/forum/admin_dir/applications_addon/other/inactiveMembers/tasks/moveinactive.php(298): messengerFunctions->sendNewPersonalTopic('79', '1', Array, '[Inactivity Mes...', 'Hi, Freeman2k??...', Array)

#1 /home/user/www/forum/admin_dir/applications/core/modules_admin/system/taskmanager.php(464): task_item->runTask()

#2 /home/user/www/forum/admin_dir/applications/core/modules_admin/system/taskmanager.php(80): admin_core_system_taskmanager->taskManagerRunTask()

#3 /home/user/www/forum/admin_dir/sources/base/ipsController.php(291): admin_core_system_taskmanager->doExecute(Object(ipsRegistry))

#4 /home/user/www/forum/admin_dir/sources/base/ipsC in /home/user/www/forum/admin_dir/applications/members/sources/classes/messaging/messengerFunctions.php on line 1674

Is their anyway I can stop moving inactive members back to their original group when they are active again? I am not able to find that option. Can you please help.

Thanks.

January 1th 2010: Version 1.0.3 has been released to address an issue with SQL errors in "Delete Inactive Members", and errors are bypassed while sending personal topics (Move Inactive Members)

I found a small bug. When the mails are queued up, they aren't being sent out until IPB queues up something also (such as a PM notification). I can see the queue is there but it isn't notifying the IPB system that there is something in the queue.

Also, would it be possible to set a limit on how many to send per cycle? Like if I want it to only send to 50 people per cycle (instead of the 250 you have coded in there).

Also, if there are more than a few members in the log and you click to see the list, I can't scroll the list. It goes to the bottom and then keeps going (like if there are 30 members that are found).

As a feature request, when viewing the log, would be nice if there were checkboxes I could click and then an action to take on them (such as moving them to another member group, for example). That way if 10 members are notified and 4 emails bounce back to me, I could click the log and move those 4 easily. This might mean loading a new page for the log (instead of a pop up), but that could be very useful.

I'll check out those some time soon, Wolfie. Closing to the weekend, or next week.

Awesome. I had looked in messenger.php (handles the sending of PM's and notifying members that they got a PM) and there's a cache setting that needs to be changed.