Google Chrome and Facebook Connect Login

TrekkiemonsterUK

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere on the forum, but I've not been able to find it.

I have a problem with my forum on Google Chrome. Namely, the Facebook Connect login section does not show at all. Does anyone know what I need to do to resolve this? Is it a google chrome settings problem? Or a problem with the board? The FB Connect login pane displays correctly (and works great) in IE and Firefox and Safari.

Im stumped. Does anyone have any advice? (Aside from use Firefox lol)

Have a great week everyone.

Jason D.

[quote name='Mark' date='14 September 2009 - 09:53 AM' timestamp='1252918391' post='1855895']
Facebook Connect doesn't support Google Chrome - there's nothing you or we can do about it - it's a deliberate limitation imposed by Facebook.

Thanks for the reply! No worries, I can let the members that do use it (both of them) that its not supported by FB. :)

Thanks again!

Jason.

• 1 year later...

[quote name='Mark' timestamp='1252918391' post='1855895']
Facebook Connect doesn't support Google Chrome - there's nothing you or we can do about it - it's a deliberate limitation imposed by Facebook.

I was not a member of this forum, I just signed up using facebook connect... I am using google chrome...

therefore there must be away to get this to work, I too want to enable FB connect on my forums, and it works fine in IE, but not chrome, so my question is how did this site (and others I have seen) get it to work? also, I noticed the share option for facebook and other social site, where does that come from?

PS I am using IPB 3.0.4

[quote name='zordork' timestamp='1288097075' post='2033817']
I was not a member of this forum, I just signed up using facebook connect... I am using google chrome...

therefore there must be away to get this to work, I too want to enable FB connect on my forums, and it works fine in IE, but not chrome, so my question is how did this site (and others I have seen) get it to work? also, I noticed the share option for facebook and other social site, where does that come from?

PS I am using IPB 3.0.4

Facebook Connect doesn't support Google Chrome

Meaning it may or may not work, but if it does not you will not get support. The other features your talking about you will need to update to 3.1x

[quote name='zordork' timestamp='1288097075' post='2033817']

PS I am using IPB 3.0.4

Keep in mind, Mark's post was made over a month ago. Facebook changes their API very frequently. I'm not sure of their current support for Chrome.

Archived