Eek! Search seems to look rather odd!

cargelock

1st:
search = 'A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.'

I was searching for the above error on this forum. If you put that term (within the single quotes) into the search box above, you get something horrible back, eg:

View Post OK I will tite'>ake the topic you closed to the... Posted on Today, 03:21 PM by nydiver Community Content System nydiver Icon * 0 Replies * 29 Views * Icon Today, 03:21 PM * By: nydiver Icon New Replies + CSS Expansion + Board Logs View Post CSS Expite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>archlite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ansiite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>on: I would suggest leite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>arning ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>about ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>advite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>anced selectite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>or methods ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>ite'>or... Posted on Today, 03:30 AM by No1 1000
possibly that is to do with highliting, but just guessing on the -> ite'> part! :P

2nd:
In a post or thread with a moderate amount of code (does it on this forum too) you will recieve a javascript error as above pertaining to pretify.js(36)

3rd:
Don't know why I can't post in the IPS resource forum as i'm a paying customer 'sigh'

4th:
None of the above must be right! ;)

+ The Stock css Files make the page Wacked

Martin is correct though ;)

1st: I've created a bug report, but in future, that's where they go ;)

2nd: I've never noticed it, but if you could create a bug report with a link - we'd appreciate it.

3rd: Like martin says: log in with the same Email address and password, if it doesn't work - contact our account assistance department (through a support ticket) and they'll sort that out for you :)

I really don't give a hoot if he's right (not in my book he wasn't), being patronised by a user who has no connection to IPS isn't going to impress me. If I had wanted to post a bug report I would have, but the fact is people don't look at those and the title of this forum section is entitled "IPS Company Feedback > IP.Board" is it not? Did I not provide feedback or am I wasting my time? Not sure why you'd let casual users patronise another user when all he was doing was "providing feedback".

Someone's a little short tempered.

Arguably your post is feedback, but it's obviously a bug in the software and would be more easily addressed in the bug tracker. And yeah, people read it, especially those who matter: people who actually fix the bugs. The very nature of the bug tracker will pretty much guarantee acknowledgement from a staff member. You posted in a public forum: expect public responses.

[quote name='cargelock' date='13 September 2009 - 07:01 PM' timestamp='1252882883' post='1855824']
I really don't give a hoot if he's right (not in my book he wasn't), being patronised by a user who has no connection to IPS isn't going to impress me. If I had wanted to post a bug report I would have, but the fact is people don't look at those and the title of this forum section is entitled "IPS Company Feedback > IP.Board" is it not? Did I not provide feedback or am I wasting my time? Not sure why you'd let casual users patronise another user when all he was doing was "providing feedback".

I guess being helpful is no longer acceptable.

[quote name='cargelock' date='14 September 2009 - 12:01 AM' timestamp='1252882883' post='1855824']

This is a public forum, and I don't think Martin was rude at all. You're right, this is a feedback forum, but we like bugs in the bug tracker so they don't get forgotten about, etc. Martin was merely pointing this out.
Sorry for any offence caused. In future, you can just submit a support ticket to speak to staff directly.

Since your issues have been dealt with (or moved to the appropriate place for them to be dealt with) and I believe this topic can only go downhill, I'm going to go ahead and close it. If you have any other questions or concerns, please drop me a PM or submit a support ticket :)

Archived