When will 3.0.2 be released?

Wolfie

[quote name='Arctic Monkeys UK.com' date='19 July 2009 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1248023305' post='1829033']
Yep im aware of that.

I just thought it was going to ship with 3.0 - its something i really could use right now.

No actually it was something that was supposed to be shipped in the "next betas."

Source: http://forums.invisionpower.com/topic/280069-invision-power-board-3-0-0-beta-1-released/ (IPB 3.0 Beta 1)
Date: December 2008

Same excuse for the next beta: http://forums.invisionpower.com/topic/280965-invision-power-board-3-0-0-beta-2-released/

Feb 20, 2009: New Statement: "Subscription Manager is not included in this beta." -source

Beta 4, yup, same statement

What about Beta 5? Actually, there is no mentioning of the subscription manager here. -source

No report on the subscription manager for RC1 *and* RC2.

But we do get another excuse once 3.0 came out.

"The subscriptions manager and MS-SQL database driver are not yet available. They will be released separately very soon. Our apologies for the delay. Rest assured we are making these releases a priority." - June 25 2009 source

Let's compare that with this statement made a year ago
"Chat Services and Subscription Manager are not included in this beta. They will be available in future betas." - December 22 2008 source

[quote name='Archon Neo' date='28 July 2009 - 11:48 AM' timestamp='1248796134' post='1834547']
No actually it was something that was supposed to be shipped in the "next betas."

Source: http://forums.invisionpower.com/topic/280069-invision-power-board-3-0-0-beta-1-released/ (IPB 3.0 Beta 1)
Date: December 2008

Same excuse for the next beta: http://forums.invisionpower.com/topic/280965-invision-power-board-3-0-0-beta-2-released/

Feb 20, 2009: New Statement: "Subscription Manager is not included in this beta." -source

Beta 4, yup, same statement

What about Beta 5? Actually, there is no mentioning of the subscription manager here. -source

No report on the subscription manager for RC1 *and* RC2.

But we do get another excuse once 3.0 came out.

"The subscriptions manager and MS-SQL database driver are not yet available. They will be released separately very soon. Our apologies for the delay. Rest assured we are making these releases a priority." - June 25 2009 source

Let's compare that with this statement made a year ago
"Chat Services and Subscription Manager are not included in this beta. They will be available in future betas." - December 22 2008 source

Yes, how dare IPS say something and then have their plans change, that makes them seem too much like humans! :devil:

[quote name='Μichael' date='28 July 2009 - 01:56 PM' timestamp='1248803791' post='1834617']
Yes, how dare IPS say something and then have their plans change, that makes them seem too much like humans! :devil:

The people who work at IPS are humans?!? :blink:

Well, I suppose we COULD have held up the IPB 3.0 release for the relatively small minority of customers who use subscription manager. However, I think the majority of our customers are glad that 3.0 has been released, minus a feature that is being released separately.

Subscription manager is nearly done. MSSQL is in development. We simply decided to concentrate on the functionality that the majority of our customers need, and hold up ever so slightly the functionality that only a minority of the customers use (but takes a while to develop).

We can't really say anything else about it at this point, nor am I sure what you would like to be said. It's in development. It's almost done. The past is done with, and we can't go back in time to hold things up to include the subscription manager.

[quote name='bfarber' date='28 July 2009 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1248807769' post='1834672']
Well, I suppose we COULD have held up the IPB 3.0 release for the relatively small minority of customers who use subscription manager. However, I think the majority of our customers are glad that 3.0 has been released, minus a feature that is being released separately.

Subscription manager is nearly done. MSSQL is in development. We simply decided to concentrate on the functionality that the majority of our customers need, and hold up ever so slightly the functionality that only a minority of the customers use (but takes a while to develop).

We can't really say anything else about it at this point, nor am I sure what you would like to be said. It's in development. It's almost done. The past is done with, and we can't go back in time to hold things up to include the subscription manager.

In all honesty, the only thing I want out of 3.0.2 is the new cleancut skin. I think that's a big portion of what everyone is hyped about.

[quote name='Ipix' date='28 July 2009 - 08:09 PM' timestamp='1248808194' post='1834678']
In all honesty, the only thing I want out of 3.0.2 is the new cleancut skin. I think that's a big portion of what everyone is hyped about.

I agree. I am waiting on Cleancut and the "Active topics" and "New Topics Since last Visit".

[quote name='Ipix' date='28 July 2009 - 02:09 PM' timestamp='1248808194' post='1834678']

A test copy is already loaded on the invisionpower forums. go to the bottom left of the page and select it for testing.

ehren was also soliciting feedback for improvements in the header

CleanCut Bug Reports

Feedback and Improvements to the CleanCut Header

This is in no way an official outlet for this kind of info and this certainly could end up being a premature estimate, but based on discussions with support staff about bugs I have found that will be addressed in 3.02 - I think we are looking at 2 to 3 weeks.

[quote name='dvancouver' date='31 July 2009 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1249073615' post='1836277']
Wolfie are you refreshing every 2 seconds until the number changes lol. I almost beat you to it this time and I am only 4 hours late to the game:)

:lol: No, I saw another topic and decided to take a look and poof, there it is. :D

[quote name='phinsup' date='31 July 2009 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1249074661' post='1836290']
What you guys don't have it in your client area yet?

HUSH FOOL! Don't tell them where to find it! Not yet anyways. gallery_49404_3_169.gif

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='31 July 2009 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1249074890' post='1836293']

HUSH FOOL! Don't tell them where to find it! Not yet anyways. gallery_49404_3_169.gif

Sorry I should have let you get your copy downloaded first, I was only thinking of myself :(

[quote name='Strike X' date='01 August 2009 - 12:02 PM' timestamp='1249124575' post='1836488']
I don't like cleancut :(

neowin forum skin is great!

Neowin is still using the 2.3 version... though they really do have a great skin.

[quote name='Kfir' date='01 August 2009 - 01:16 PM' timestamp='1249128982' post='1836510']
Neowin is still using the 2.3 version... though they really do have a great skin.

I wouldn't really care for their Forum skin as such. As nice as it may be, I like more of their MOBILE skin as it works on all phones without any issues.

The Lo-Fi skin on here seems to work only on iPhones without any major issues. Stick symbian in the mix and you will have some issues. But then I suppose one could say "make your own lo-fi skin. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Swiftie' date='01 August 2009 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1249179307' post='1836837']
I wouldn't really care for their Forum skin as such. As nice as it may be, I like more of their MOBILE skin as it works on all phones without any issues.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Their mobile skin is just great. It looks great on any device, which is a big plus. As a Windows Mobile phone user I tend to get annoyed when people only worry about iPhones and forget everything else.

Archived