IPB 3.1.0 features

Axel Wers

[quote name='Axel Wers' date='06 July 2009 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1246911626' post='1821261']

[*]possibility lock polls but continue in topic

If I remember correctly, there was a mod for 2.3.x that did this. It's pretty likely that someone will make one for 3.0 as well.
I made this mod for 2.3 and I have already released the updated version for IPB 3 if you are interested :P

The link to download it is in my signature: (T30) Close Only Poll (the download is available also @ IPS resources if you don't have an account on my site :) )

[quote name='Andy D' date='08 July 2009 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1247094525' post='1822895']
Just done a search for Tracker in this topic but nothing found...

So I would like to suggest that the View New Content link shows new Tracker posts too aswell as Help Files, Forums, Members, Blogs, Calendar and Gallery :)

Yes please. :D

..Al

[quote name='Andy D' date='08 July 2009 - 07:08 PM' timestamp='1247094525' post='1822895']

So I would like to suggest that the View New Content link shows new Tracker posts too aswell as Help Files, Forums, Members, Blogs, Calendar and Gallery :)

Links, Shoutbox, Downloads, Wiki's, FAQ's, FBI, CIA, FDA, IRS, DEA, SSA, FAA, FCC, FTC, etc.

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='09 July 2009 - 12:35 AM' timestamp='1247096136' post='1822918']
Links, Shoutbox, Downloads, Wiki's, FAQ's, FBI, CIA, FDA, IRS, DEA, SSA, FAA, FCC, FTC, etc.

With a custom option of choosing which modules aslong as it's not the FBI, CIA etc whistle.png

[quote name='Andy D' date='08 July 2009 - 07:39 PM' timestamp='1247096359' post='1822920']
OK OK :P

With a custom option of choosing which modules aslong as it's not the FBI, CIA etc whistle.png

Speaking of modules...

Would REALLY love it if we could pick and choose exactly where each application will appear. Not only on the tab bar, but also have a secondary (if wanted or needed) tab bar. I like to try to have my tabs alphabetical (after the first 3 main tabs), but can't do it because of how it's mixed-sorted.

Also be nice if an option could be chosen that would put all the add-ons into drop down menus. Allow me to create a drop down menu of "Featured Add-Ons" where I might include IPS extras, then another tab where I might include 3rd party add-ons such as shoutbox, tracker, etc.

[quote name='Andy D' date='08 July 2009 - 07:08 PM' timestamp='1247094525' post='1822895']

That would be a suggestion for IP.Tracker, IP.Board has the functionality built in to it to allow this already, apps (like IP.Tracker) just need to tie into that.

[quote name='Μichael' date='09 July 2009 - 01:17 AM' timestamp='1247098625' post='1822952']
That would be a suggestion for IP.Tracker, IP.Board has the functionality built in to it to allow this already, apps (like IP.Tracker) just need to tie into that.

[quote name='bfarber' date='09 July 2009 - 01:19 AM' timestamp='1247098750' post='1822955']
You'd have to ask the community resources team for that - that's not something with ipb (and IPB does make it possible)

Thanks both of you in helping me understand the new functionality and how it ties in together :D

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='08 July 2009 - 07:10 PM' timestamp='1247098242' post='1822946']
Would REALLY love it if we could pick and choose exactly where each application will appear. Not only on the tab bar, but also have a secondary (if wanted or needed) tab bar. I like to try to have my tabs alphabetical (after the first 3 main tabs), but can't do it because of how it's mixed-sorted.

Also be nice if an option could be chosen that would put all the add-ons into drop down menus. Allow me to create a drop down menu of "Featured Add-Ons" where I might include IPS extras, then another tab where I might include 3rd party add-ons such as shoutbox, tracker, etc.

I do believe this is going to become an issue down the road as more and more "applications" are developed that hook into IP.Board. Even here on this site there are seven tabs and Invision doesn't even have IP.Downloads installed. :) I plan on using everything here plus IP.Downloads as well as the Links module. Hmmm!

..Al

[quote name='bfarber' date='08 July 2009 - 08:19 PM' timestamp='1247098750' post='1822955']
You'd have to ask the community resources team for that - that's not something with ipb (and IPB does make it possible)

What about the idea of multi-row application tabs or (preferred) ability to have drop-down menus with various applications in it, much like in the ACP but where the admin can choose what goes into which tab, the order, etc.

Hey, howabout enhancing the Skins Management section of ACP and allow Administrators to drag and drop the skins in the order they want them to appear in, just with how the forums management and hooks management is setup?

When deleting any member (or members), allow the option to perform additional functions on the members before the deletion is complete. These additional functions can include banning the email address, user name, login name, IP address or entering notes for the deletion reason (old member, abusive user, etc). This includes deleting members who are in the middle of validating accounts.

Not only that but (as I requested before), allow reasons for bans to be given per ban. If a member is being deleted (or their information is to be banned but the member not deleted), allow the ban to link back to the members account.

This would help greatly in keeping track of why bans or deletions were made and could help improve the security of the board as Admin could always have notes readily available for why actions were taken.

• 2 weeks later...

There is another feature, that seems to be unique to vBulletin, but should be fairly simple to add to the new codebase.. user ranks, seperate from user titles, such that if a user sets a custom title, it doesnt override/replace their post-count rank. While vBulletin has a strange implementation by keeping these completely seperate, I have seen one advantage to their setup that I would like to see available in IPB 3.1. Particularly with respect to customising the text and having multiple assigned ranks seperate from, but associated with, the user's primary/secondary user-groups.

IPB: A users title, is set according to their post-count rank, cannot be styled or adjusted with HTML, and under normal circumstances only an administrator can change it until they reach set amount of posts. A users title, if changed, overrides the post-rank title they would otherwise have. A user gets rank-pips or a custom image associated with their current post-count rank, which is overridden when the user's primary group is changed to one that has a custom image set. A user's group title can be customised and is displayed below the rank bar, "Group: Admins".

vB: A users title, is initially set according to their post-count, and overriden if a default title is set on their user-group, "Admins". A users rank, is also set, according to their postcount and usergroup, and a user can have multiple ranks, ranks can be images or text formatted using HTML.

Is it possible, then, to have it where if a user and/or an admin sets their own custom title it just slots in above their avatar.
To drop the custom-group image that would override a members rank-pips/rank-image and replace it with stackable ranks.
Stackable ranks being either images or html-formattable text that can be assigned to a usergroup (and displayed for members of that group) or for all groups and shown underneath the users avatar.
This would enable admins to have a standard set of post-count rank 'titles' and optional images for each rank-title (by making the text and image either/or), as well as custom 'titles' that are assigned to the member's usergroup such as having a seperate rank image for Moderators, Admins or General site staff. Admins can also optionally, have no rank-titles and just have images for each rank, and still allow members to have a custom title.
On one site I frequent, this is used to grant an additional title to staff on the main website who may not be staff on the forums while allowing them to have their own custom user titles and seperate rank-title based on their posts.

I think it has the advantage of moving all this related code into the one place, having the one system for managing the whole lot, independent of the usergroup system as well as adding a little more flexibility to the postbit display that could be exploited to good effect.

[quote name='BryanH' date='18 July 2009 - 09:43 PM' timestamp='1247978629' post='1828794']
I'd like an easier/quicker way to update your status. Maybe add a little text box at the top of the "Recent Status Updates" sidebar module. That'd be convenient.

Isn't that already there? It was a day ago...

[quote name='Andy D' date='28 June 2009 - 05:39 AM' timestamp='1246181956' post='1815986']With the Reputation System, I would like links in your profile to show what posts you have given and what posts you have received rep for.

Wouldn't mind seeing this as well. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Wilford Tibbetts

[quote name='Keiichi Morisato' date='23 July 2009 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1248341637' post='1831422']
I would like to see IPB ACP configured so that Admin's can drag and drop the order in which the Skins appear on the forums. Sort of like how we can drag and drop the forums in ACP.

That would be a nice addition :)

[quote name='Keiichi Morisato' date='23 July 2009 - 05:33 AM' timestamp='1248341637' post='1831422']
I would like to see IPB ACP configured so that Admin's can drag and drop the order in which the Skins appear on the forums. Sort of like how we can drag and drop the forums in ACP.

I was thinking about this myself in the last couple of days. Be nice to determine the sorting order SOMEHOW.

Archived