IPB 3.1.0 features

Axel Wers

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='03 February 2010 - 12:01 PM' timestamp='1265194864' post='1908448']
What you need is another permission setting. There is already 'Read topics' and 'Reply topics', another would be needed, "Read topic replies" or something of that nature.

I think there is actually a hook that only affects guests so that they can only see the first post of each topic but not anything after that. I'm sure if you contact the author of that hook, they could make one to let you set permissions on who could read the complete topics.

Doesn't he want it PER POST aswell?
So he can mark a post "Unreadable by usergroups: x, y, z" after it's been posted.

[quote name='Tanax' date='03 February 2010 - 08:46 AM' timestamp='1265204767' post='1908507']
Doesn't he want it PER POST aswell?
So he can mark a post "Unreadable by usergroups: x, y, z" after it's been posted.

If anything, it should default to unreadable. So if the thread loads up with 10 replies and they are all helpful towards the final solution, they wouldn't be visible until set unreadable.

What they are after sounds like another site that I've been to, just can't remember the name of it right now. Used to be free and then it went paid and you can't see anything now unless you're a paid member. Even non helpful replies are hidden, with a message being to sign in to see the stuff.

I have been looking for a view that lists all new replies to both threads that I have started but also new replies in threads which I did not start but that I have participatd in. A year has gone since I moved from SMF but noone seems willing to make this mod for me. It should be a standard feature though :)

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/304143-mod-new-replies-to-my-posts/

[quote name='ikillbill' date='08 February 2010 - 09:24 PM' timestamp='1265682280' post='1910999']
1. manage "search results"

2. point system

3. better method of posting images to forum post

4. delete spams and bane spammer without going indo ACP

1. I think they're working on it.

2. No.

3. Would be nice to be able to 'scroll' through images you have uploaded into the gallery while making a post.

4. When you flag someone as a spammer, there is the ability to delete posts AND you can ban/suspend the member, both without going into the ACP. (Also, it's "ban" and "into" :thumbsup: )

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='03 February 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1265216738' post='1908606']What they are after sounds like another site that I've been to, just can't remember the name of it right now. Used to be free and then it went paid and you can't see anything now unless you're a paid member. Even non helpful replies are hidden, with a message being to sign in to see the stuff.

Experts Exchange perhaps.

Would like to see a necro bump feature.

Sometimes you have a user that likes to go back and comment on an old post.
Other users, not paying attention to the original date then comment.
In the ACP there would be a setting where you define the amount of time to pass before this shows up 30, 60, 90days etc.

Then in the thread, when a new post is made after the time designated in the ACP, a message will show between the last post and the most recent one "Necro Bump! There have been XX days between previous and next post."

added image
necrobump.gif

[quote name='Nervosa' date='10 February 2010 - 12:51 PM' timestamp='1265824286' post='1911751']

In the ACP there would be a setting where you define the amount of time to pass before this shows up 30, 60, 90days etc.

Then in the thread, when a new post is made after the time designated in the ACP, a message will show between the last post and the most recent one "Necro Bump! There have been XX days between previous and next post."

Or you could just use that mod that closes old topics. :)

http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/2114-m30-close-old-topics-100/

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='10 February 2010 - 12:58 PM' timestamp='1265824710' post='1911755']
Or you could just use that mod that closes old topics. :)

http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/2114-m30-close-old-topics-100/

There might be issues where you don't want old topics closed.
Neco bumping isn't always a bag thing.

[quote name='Nervosa' date='10 February 2010 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1265824286' post='1911751']

Like it - as long as it still allows you to post. Even if not, the name alone is reasona enough for it to get a thumbs up from me smile.gif

And revamp the Moderating Team Page. Allow us to indicate when we make a usergroup if this usergroup is sfaff. if it is, display the color-formatted names on the moderating team pages separated by groups. The groups will be listed in order with the most power to least... you can come up with some way of detecting which group has more access. So, admins would go up top, then co-admins, global mods, mods, etc. Just an idea.. Moderating Team page hasn't really changed in years.

[quote name='IP.iBaLLiN' date='10 February 2010 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1265842076' post='1911912']
And revamp the Moderating Team Page. Allow us to indicate when we make a usergroup if this usergroup is sfaff. if it is, display the color-formatted names on the moderating team pages separated by groups. The groups will be listed in order with the most power to least... you can come up with some way of detecting which group has more access. So, admins would go up top, then co-admins, global mods, mods, etc. Just an idea.. Moderating Team page hasn't really changed in years.

I agree.
Aswell as an option to write an "about" snippet on each staff member.
I'm sure a lot of people want that since it's kinda general. This information could perhaps be fetched from the staffmember's "about" tab from the profile. Or a completely seperate thing.

A suggestion for the reputation system : we could choose to prevent warned members from giving a reputation (for example, level-2 or level-3 members could not give a reputation).

This is very important, according to me : warned members are people that don't really respect the rules on the board. So preventing them from giving a rep, is a good way to be sure that the reputation system is used by "good" people.

[quote name='Nicolas from Club Poker' date='16 February 2010 - 05:58 AM' timestamp='1266317929' post='1914050']
A suggestion for the reputation system : we could choose to prevent warned members from giving a reputation (for example, level-2 or level-3 members could not give a reputation).

This is very important, according to me : warned members are people that don't really respect the rules on the board. So preventing them from giving a rep, is a good way to be sure that the reputation system is used by "good" people.

Oooooh, good catch. Should be in the warn level setup, whether warned members may give points or not as well as a threshold.

Warned members may use the reputation system if active? "Always" "May give + points only" "Never"
Warning level to affect members at? [__] <-- put in how many points the person hits before taking action.

• 2 months later...

Archived