IPB 3.1.0 features

Axel Wers

[*] Ability to move PM to user defined folder from the PM conversations itself rather then main screen. [*] Image size check in signature. If image link is used in signature it never checks it's size and any user can use 400w * 1000h image making it impossible to read forums. Forums doesn't look decent if everyone uses big and big signatures. [*] One drop down menu on their profile which shows in how many groups user is member of including primary and secondary.

[*] New PM option in which if inbox is full old PM's get auto deleted. People often run out of 100 private message and auto deletion of old PM's helps.

[quote name='AlexJ' date='20 November 2009 - 03:03 PM' timestamp='1258747415' post='1881076']

[*] Image size check in signature. If image link is used in signature it never checks it's size and any user can use 400w * 1000h image making it impossible to read forums. Forums doesn't look decent if everyone uses big and big signatures.

This is already a per-group feature of IPB. You can setup signature restrictions for each group from the Manage Groups area of the ACP.

[quote name='bfarber' date='20 November 2009 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1258750725' post='1881090']
This is already a per-group feature of IPB. You can setup signature restrictions for each group from the Manage Groups area of the ACP.

For some reason it never worked on 3.0.3. After looking at your post I again tried back and it worked. Seems like it's fixed in 3.0.4. My old topic.
http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/298229-size-of-images-in-signature-using-links/

I rebuild the signature cache and all is good now. Thank you :)

Making 'date of birth' / 'birthday' an optional or required profile field on registration.

We are finding that many of our newest members since we converted do not have their birthday in the profile, and there is no way to give them a reminder to add it when registering.

[quote name='.Ian' date='23 November 2009 - 05:15 PM' timestamp='1258992921' post='1881774']
Making 'date of birth' / 'birthday' an optional or required profile field on registration.

We are finding that many of our newest members since we converted do not have their birthday in the profile, and there is no way to give them a reminder to add it when registering.

Regarding this, it would be really awesome if there were an function in the ACP to send out a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly notice to all members asking them to update various info on their profiles. The things to update would be a choice which we could set. Another example is that I plan on starting a Xbox 360 community, and it would be really nice for me to remind everyone member to add there gamertag to their profile.

Birger :)

[quote name='MindTooth' date='23 November 2009 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1258994137' post='1881778']
Regarding this, it would be really awesome if there were an function in the ACP to send out a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly notice to all members asking them to update various info on their profiles. The things to update would be a choice which we could set. Another example is that I plan on starting a Xbox 360 community, and it would be really nice for me to remind everyone member to add there gamertag to their profile.

Birger :)

agree - I have now implemented a couple of mods Birthday wishes emailed / PM'd & Welcome email/pm, both of which encourage the member to update their profile etc. (with a direct link)

Have also added the PM groups - so I can send a periodic PM to certain groups / all members to get them to ensure their email address / birthday etc., is correct.

Members do not seem to mind a PM/Email on their birthday, so this is a good time to contact them.

[quote name='.Ian' date='23 November 2009 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1258992921' post='1881774']

I second that.
I want members to fill in their birthday without turning the CCPOA thing on (or whatever it's called :P).

Don't know if it has been suggested already, but it would come in handy if it were possible to add links to the primary navigation without having to mess around with templates. Tabs should be marked as active when linking to a page created with IP.Content that uses the IPB wrapper.

Also a vertical drop-down menu would be great.

[quote name='bobage24' date='26 November 2009 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1259196280' post='1882510']
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but it would be nice to have an easy way of finding moderated posts that need to be approved. It would be nice if they were shown in the "view new content" as highlighted.

And the ability to easily delete them! All very well having the spam service hide the posts of potential spammers, when it is a total pain to actually delete them from multiple forums!

[quote name='philversprechend' date='26 November 2009 - 08:51 AM' timestamp='1259225519' post='1882553']
It would be very nice to have the collapsible sidebar not only at the board index, but also wenn viewing sub-forums or threads.

Would be nice - got around this partially by using categories more - but not ideal.

Not sure if it has been mentioned - but one feature both and I and my members miss from our pevious software is

Quick Quote & Quick Reply buttons on posts.

Quick Reply simply puts the user in the 'Quick Reply' box from any post and Quick Quote does the same except it quotes the post where the user clicks the button.

Saves having to go to a full reply page to quote.

Simple & very useful.

Ajax quick reply would be nice, this has been a requested feature since the IPB 2.x days but is ignored or disregarded every time it is mention. I shouldn't have to pay for a modification to give me functionality that should technically be included in the default package for IPB.

Other forum software has this feature including the free Mybb forum package, so why not IPB as well?

• When you suspend a member (in the Warn Page) - The member automatically will be moved to Banned Group and his title will be changed to Banned. When he's back from the ban, he will automatically be back to the Members Group and his title will be changed.
  • PM - You've been warned!
  • Category Supervisor - In the Forums tabs in the ACP, you can choose a category and add her a moderator.

Thanks!

Archived