IPB 3.1.0 features

Axel Wers

Not sure if this has been mentioned before.. But.. While I like the idea of the 'trashcan' in IPB, I actually preferred the concept of 'soft-delete' in vB. Basically, it marks the post as deleted, it allows you to record a reason, etc.. mods/admins can still "see" it, but to everyone else it's gone. Benefit is that it's in the "right place" if another mod/admin decides to un-delete the thread/post. It's quite handy IMHO.

One other thing that's nice to have.. The ability to download (easily) a list of all the emails address for users on your board. Allow to be sorted by 'allow emails from admins', etc.. Right now there's no easy way to do this without MySQL queries.

I would love to see more attention put into the reputation system. Some suggestions:

1. Make people spread reputation around before being able to give the same person reputation again and allow the admin to set the number needed before they can give the same person rep again in the ACP.

2. The ability to disable a specific members ability to give reputation.

3. The ability for the admin to be able to change someones specific post reputation. I have had members accidentally give a member a negative point and they wanted to change it, but as an Admin, I am unable to do so.

4. The ability to leave comments about the reputation that only the person receiving it can see.

5. The ability to see where you got your reputation point from, and who gave it to you. Even better would be to have a setting so you can allow people to only see who gave them positive of negative reputation.

My Personal list

1) Better lightbox with Download and drag features.

2) User browsing this forum in global view (like vb forum)

3) Possibility to create custom Furl by ACP -> like -> http://www.mysite.com/category-name/forum-name/topic-name.html

4) An integrated and official Google Sitemaps tool.

5) Ability to setup where blocks show (forum view, topic view...)

6) Ability to setup (ucp settings) what forum show or block in "View new content"

7) User Referals

8) Reputation logs, user can add some text to motivate +1/-1

9) Newsletter, admin can create many NL and user can setup (ucp setting) the NL subscriptions.

[quote name='InvisionHQ' date='28 October 2009 - 06:58 PM' timestamp='1256799482' post='1872993']
My Personal list

3) Possibility to create custom Furl by ACP -> like -> http://www.mysite.co...topic-name.html

6) Ability to setup (ucp settings) what forum show or block in "View new content"

7) User Referals

9) Newsletter, admin can create many NL and user can setup (ucp setting) the NL subscriptions.

+10000000000000000000000000000 to all of it and her ipb can do somthing like this to create custom FURL
http://minervaseo.com/furl_form.php

[quote name='InvisionHQ' date='28 October 2009 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1256799482' post='1872993']
My Personal list

3) Possibility to create custom Furl by ACP -> like -> http://www.mysite.co...topic-name.html

7) User Referals

Those are some excellent suggestions!

[quote name='InvisionHQ' date='29 October 2009 - 08:58 AM' timestamp='1256799482' post='1872993']
My Personal list

I'll add to that: which members can close the blocks sidebar, and which groups cannot.

Today I wondered why changing the warnlevel via the warnpanel is not showed on the left side in the warnlog. So what I would like to see is when you used the option 'Enter Custom Level (Max: 10)', in the warnlog something will be showed like 'Warnlevel altered from 0 to 2' (for example) in the left column.

[quote name='bobage24' date='29 October 2009 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1256845062' post='1873163']
Those are some excellent suggestions!

Thx :D

I want add to my list:

10) Ability to flag/unflag topic as a personal reminder
11) Social groups
12) In the ACP now you can easly move X members to a new group using the very nice "advanced search filters" , I think this can be very usefull also for add a new group to the filtered result.

[quote name='InvisionHQ' date='03 November 2009 - 08:40 AM' timestamp='1257237655' post='1874933']
Again I want add to my personal list:

13) A setting on ACP -> 1. Member Groups > 2. Manage User Group > Users can Edit own posts only in the next XX minutes/days

(this can be usefull to prevent future act of vandalism)

this is already included surely ???

[quote name='Rik' date='28 October 2009 - 01:23 PM' timestamp='1256761383' post='1872810']
I would also like to see an option to show the moderators on the board index, like in IPB 2.3 (and earlier). Just a yes/no option so you can choose if a moderator will be showed or not on the board index. I don't like it to see it only at the bottom of the forum index (although I probably can show it elsewhere if I edit the skin). The way it was showed in IPB 2.3 was more clear to me.

Musthave!

The feature I would most like to see is Tags. Specifically the ability to see a 'preview' of a thread when you search by tags (like vBulletin does).

It would also be nice to be able to search by multiple tags. This is the only thing ipb is lacking that I really, really want right now - and I've spent a lot of time and money trying to work around it - but it's very useful for what we do.

[quote name='InvisionHQ' date='03 November 2009 - 12:40 AM' timestamp='1257237655' post='1874933']
Again I want add to my personal list:

13) A setting on ACP -> 1. Member Groups > 2. Manage User Group > Users can Edit own posts only in the next XX minutes/days

(this can be usefull to prevent future act of vandalism)

This already exists, actually.

Here's my suggestions:

[*]Adding custom group to the moderating team page.[*]Adding Hierarchy to the moderating team page (by degress).[*]Adding Category Supervisor (You can choose the category and add her a moderator).[*]Slogan to the Page Title.
regards

If I have new suggestions, I will add.

[quote name='nneves' date='10 November 2009 - 11:10 AM' timestamp='1257844229' post='1877715']
Hi,

I would like to see thread prefixes and related threads, more seo/descritive urls, less duplicate content and an option to disable individual urls for each post.

put a look at robots.txt cool.gif

Archived