Powered By IP.Board 3.0.0

TrixieTang

[quote name='Studiolounge' date='22 June 2009 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1245699946' post='1812600']
Charles I understand that. I just like to know if it is a matter of a couple days, a couple of weeks or maybe a month so I know how to plan everything out for my forum.

*edit* I'm not saying it! :P

• Management

[quote name='Studiolounge' date='22 June 2009 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1245699946' post='1812600']
Charles I understand that. I just like to know if it is a matter of a couple days, a couple of weeks or maybe a month so I know how to plan everything out for my forum.

I would love to tell you, I really would, but some people take release date estimates far too seriously and will go crazy if we miss an estimated date.

• Management

[quote name='Studiolounge' date='22 June 2009 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1245700154' post='1812604']
'When it's ready', I know. It's just a rough estimate would be appreciated.

Would less than 30 days help at all? I know that's a wide range.

• Management

[quote name='TCWT' date='22 June 2009 - 03:58 PM' timestamp='1245700709' post='1812618']
Will there be a silent rollout? :P I hope the servers are capable of the surge in traffic.

Yes, we will be very quiet.

Well, considering the sale they have going is until June 30th, I would not predict a release before then. On top of that, all of the conversions they probably have lining up since they are free for those purchasing a new license, I'm sure they'll hold off the release a few more days beyond that even so they can catch up a tiny bit before the influx of requests come in immediately after release.

By no means am I guaranteeing ANYTHING at all, but purely speculating, I would wager that we won't see anything until well after the 4th of July holidays. That is, if I was a betting man...but I'm not :P

[quote name='Malefickus' date='22 June 2009 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1245701677' post='1812631']
Well, considering the sale they have going is until June 30th, I would not predict a release before then. On top of that, all of the conversions they probably have lining up since they are free for those purchasing a new license, I'm sure they'll hold off the release a few more days beyond that even so they can catch up a tiny bit before the influx of requests come in immediately after release.

By no means am I guaranteeing ANYTHING at all, but purely speculating, I would wager that we won't see anything until well after the 4th of July holidays. That is, if I was a betting man...but I'm not :P

My Opinion is the first week of July, most likely just before the 4th holiday.

You know... we put a build new build on here a few days ago (you probably noticed the new expand/collapse) buttons, but because we kept "RC2" in the footer - nobody cared.
Now we update it today, and put it as "3.0.0" - you all go nuts :P

Archived