Approximate date of 3.0 Final Release?

corise

I'm not a beta-tester and simply patiently wait for the 3.0 Final. I thought the beta would reach a maximum for 3 betas but no.. it seems to keep going on and on without an ending. Now up to 5 or 6 Betas and it's starting to bugg me. Well, better it buggs me now than the forum later huh? >_< Of course there is nothing i can do about this and nagging about it isn't helping anyone, so, i simply ask;

Is there an approximate deadline for the 3.0 Final... or at least targeted timeline? For those of you with technical expertize; do you see IPB 3.0 Final being released this year?

[quote name='corise' date='26 April 2009 - 04:09 AM' timestamp='1240747789' post='1798011']
I'm not a beta-tester and simply patiently wait for the 3.0 Final. I thought the beta would reach a maximum for 3 betas but no.. it seems to keep going on and on without an ending. Now up to 5 or 6 Betas and it's starting to bugg me. Well, better it buggs me now than the forum later huh? >_< Of course there is nothing i can do about this and nagging about it isn't helping anyone, so, i simply ask;

Is there an approximate deadline for the 3.0 Final... or at least targeted timeline? For those of you with technical expertize; do you see IPB 3.0 Final being released this year?

I don't wanna come across as rude here but... Have you READ ANY of the other 3000 posts with this same question? :lol: You could help beta test which will help YOU and IPB by knowing if there are bugs/errors in your web server environment and it will get the release ironed out faster and make it more secure/bug free for the final. Or just sit back and be bugged about it whilst everyone else beta tests. :P

We were told BEFORE June for the release, and just FYI - there will always be bugs, IPB just want to iron the major ones out prior to the major release.

I'm not a beta-tester but merely a customer waiting for the upgrade of the product i'm subscribing to and still paying for. I'm a 'buy the finished product consumer' and leave the programming and testing to the actual people who work and get payed at IPB to make it happen. I don't think it's up to me or any other consumer to do IPB's work and feel my questioning of IPB's delays are valid, at least from my consumer perspective.

If those of you who have the time and gladly help IPB with testing that's fine, but i don't think the beta-testers are some sort of measure of the general consumers needs and expectations for this product. There are simply many of us who want IPB to do the work and hand over the finished product without ever knowing or contributing to the testing procedures. That's what we pay IPB for.

You don't have to beta test it if you don't want to. But if you ever looked at the production of many video games, they are beta tested to extremes. Same with software and other electronic products. Even tangible products are "beta-tested." There will always be a marketing survey, trial & error, and research on private grouped consumers prior to major release to the public.

You also should realize that when a product is being tested, bugs are being removed. Every build is more efficient than the previous one. Beta testing & beta testers are not "a measure of the general consumers needs and expectations for this product." It is simply to test to see if the product is working efficiently.

Here is my guess. RC 1 will be released sometime in may, and the final product will be released approximately 2 weeks after RC 1.

[quote name='Tiki Tiki' date='26 April 2009 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1240764876' post='1798061']
Thanks for the update! Will there be Blogs, Downloads, and Gallery releases ready to work with RC1 for those of us who have the entire suite installed?

yeah they have kept everything up to date whilst the reast of us single forum user suffer :devil:

[quote name='Stallyon' date='26 April 2009 - 08:55 AM' timestamp='1240761308' post='1798051']
It's been said many times before by IPS Staff, but I will post it again here for you: it will be ready when it's ready. You can't really rush a good thing.

[quote name='Kotonoha' date='26 April 2009 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1240773824' post='1798095']
The official release date will never change.

IPB 3.0, coming this When it's ready™

And I must remind everyone that that is the much over used and way over spammed IPS staff answer to these types of questions. Especially bfarber.

SO, we'll get two months of testing for the RC release? I think I'm going to wait until the final is released before I renew my license. I want to be sure that the final will be released before the next license renewal is due.

[quote name='FrostedPopTart' date='26 April 2009 - 12:30 PM' timestamp='1240774258' post='1798098']
And I must remind everyone that that is the much over used and way over spammed IPS staff answer to these types of questions. Especially bfarber.

Take a break for a while, and come back when its ready™. I guarantee you, people won't be asking about IPB3 anymore.

[quote name='kenichi' date='26 April 2009 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1240774879' post='1798104']
SO, we'll get two months of testing for the RC release? I think I'm going to wait until the final is released before I renew my license. I want to be sure that the final will be released before the next license renewal is due.

No way it will take 2 months, they've said they're trying to get it released before June, and it looks to me like it's very likely it will be final before June.

Judging by how long Beta 5 was with Beta Testers, and if there are two RC's I doubt IPB 3 would hit the pre-June release. I just think that IPS could stand to provide weekly updates on the status of Beta and RC development. As someone else had said, there is very little communication from IPS on the development of the new version.

[quote name='kenichi' date='26 April 2009 - 11:41 AM' timestamp='1240774879' post='1798104']

Doesn't that mean you'll pay full price and not just $25?

I'll be honest, I am one of the ones upset with having to wait. But, I'd rather pay $150 for something that WORKS and WORKS WELL than something that doesn't.

I haven't beta tested since Beta 2, I didn't renew my support license because I figured I'd wait until IPB 3 is released, because, let's say I bought it in Feb, and IPB 3 wasn't released until October, that'd be a waste of $25, since I don't really use IPS' support too much.

So, while I'm upset, I'll be glad when 3 finally comes out, it'll work a LOT better and faster than it does now, and will hopefully be much better than 2.3.6, so thanks IPS, for all the hard work! :D

@ Lee, as far as I was told, its $25 regardless of when you renew, you're not forced to renew at the end of those 6 months, and I don't think it'd be fair to have to pay for something when you already bought it (IPB is owned, even after your 6 months is up, you're allowed to use the latest release infinately, but no future releases without renewing. vB does the leased option)

[quote name='kenichi' date='27 April 2009 - 12:27 AM' timestamp='1240788453' post='1798150']
Judging by how long Beta 5 was with Beta Testers, and if there are two RC's I doubt IPB 3 would hit the pre-June release. I just think that IPS could stand to provide weekly updates on the status of Beta and RC development. As someone else had said, there is very little communication from IPS on the development of the new version.

We just posted a development update :)
Really, people keep suggesting weekly status updates - but what are you hoping to read? All you'd see is "well this week we fixed all the known bugs and released beta 5" - trust me, I read everyone's weekly reports, they're boring.

[quote name='Lee Craven' date='27 April 2009 - 12:55 AM' timestamp='1240790139' post='1798153']
Doesn't that mean you'll pay full price and not just $25?

No :)

Damn I wish I hadn't renewd now, I would have waited until the new IPB 3 release, I only paid the $25 as IPB beta 1 was announced a few days before my renewal, here I am due another payment in a month or so! And I think I have used support ONCE :lol: - Ahh well it supports them I guess.

Archived