Okay, I find myself pouting...

Guest IBSkin

All previous versions of IP.Board have had an "up" button in topics so you can quickly get back to the top of the screen. IP.Board 3.0 no longer carries this handy little feature. I know, I know, the "Home" key on our keyboards was put there for this very reason, but to have to take the hand off the mouse when that happens to be all your using to click and read for a while, just to push one button is just annoying, especially when we are all use to having that little "up" button. It's not like one more little button would clutter things up too much anyway. :D

Okay, I'm done pouting now. :P well... for the moment. lol

Any chance of sweet talkin' you guys to consider putting it back in there?

LOL, actually, I got these little extra buttons on my fancy lil mouse here, so I'm gonna set one of 'em for the "Home" key.
I'm really not as lazy as it sounds, it's just that I have 3 mice going here at once, since much of my art is hand drawn with a "pen" mouse, so I push my keyboard back out of the way and it's not easily accessible at times when I'm working. Like I said, I'm just pouting cuz I'm not gettin' my way is all. lol :lol:

Thanks Mark! lol :thumbsup:

The scroll wheel was invented for a reason :P

Also the use of pressing the scroll wheel in as a button to also scroll up and down is a bit pointless. With many mice, you can customize what pushing the scroll wheel does, and as such you can set this to the "home" key if it bothers you that much (If you do not have a mouse with more than two buttons, + pressable scroll wheel). If you don't have a mouse with a scroll wheel,.. you should get one. They cost no more than $5.

For me I didn't even know the top button existed until I started seeing threads like this on the preview forum. I feel like I am the only one who never used those.
I use the home and end buttons a lot the letters are even warn out. LOL

You're not alone. What you see on the forums is often what we like to refer to as as "vocal minority". The vast majority of users have no need for such buttons (and many likely didn't know they existed, like yourself) - but they're obviously not going to complain about them being gone. The minority of users who did use such buttons or found them useful, will complain that they are gone.

Thus, in the end you hear what seems like a lot of complaints about something, but in reality the percentage of our users making such complaints is < 1%.

For the record, I've never clicked a "top" button.

I guess I'm part of the minority gang but I do really miss that button a lot. At some point in time I started using it and by now it's just embedded in my routines I guess. The "back to top" link as mentioned above is not really an option for me, I use the back to top button in the middle of pages too, when I'm just looking things up in posts I know are halfway down the page.

All previous versions of IP.Board have had an "up" button in topics so you can quickly get back to the top of the screen. IP.Board 3.0 no longer carries this handy little feature. I know, I know, the "Home" key on our keyboards was put there for this very reason, but to have to take the hand off the mouse when that happens to be all your using to click and read for a while, just to push one button is just annoying, especially when we are all use to having that little "up" button. It's not like one more little button would clutter things up too much anyway. :D

Okay, I'm done pouting now. :P well... for the moment. lol

Any chance of sweet talkin' you guys to consider putting it back in there?

I've said many tiems I wanted it back and so have many other people, but staff doesn't seeem to care.

Archived