congratulations on v3!

Guest Mesmer

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: PMs - we know. I'm going to run a shell tool to rebuild them tomorrow. We skipped the built in PM conversion as we would still be waiting now. And yes, this tool will be made available with the distribution for other large boards.

Glad to hear that, took 40+ minuites to convert the pm's when i done my test upgrade on at the weekend and im sure there are many sites with a bigger pm db then mine

Another thing I have noticed: Reputation is not turned on for Staff or Resource/Community Dev Teams. Maybe intended? :)

I can see yours in topic view (and all the Community Devs Team) but cannot see it for other members of the Resource Team or any staff groups :)

Don't like it? Then change it, that's why skinning exists.

Getting so sick of seeing posts like this...

Sick of seeing posts like this? Maybe that's because customers are giving feedback on a quality product they pay for, they do have an input into the direction of the company, afterall we are all shareholders and we all have an interest in the way IPS progresses with their software.

Skinning exists yes..But that wasn't my comment, we should be happy with an out of the box "skin" - Maybe a few other skins could be given out with the release of this product in the package too...

No powers to accept your reports. ;)

Sorry. :P

You mean moderate the community resource trackers? That's a separate issue you guys will likely have to look into. ;)

Its really fast now, and I can see the "secr0t" trackers that you guys would hint about. lol

Speed is fine, just those rebuilding tools and it will be perfect.

Which "secr0t" trackers are you referring to? I've asked a couple people and they've indicated they can only see the normal projects that they were able to see previously.

Sick of seeing posts like this? Maybe that's because customers are giving feedback on a quality product they pay for, they do have an input into the direction of the company, afterall we are all shareholders and we all have an interest in the way IPS progresses with their software.

Skinning exists yes..But that wasn't my comment, we should be happy with an out of the box "skin" - Maybe a few other skins could be given out with the release of this product in the package too...

No software will have a default skin that will please everyone.

And what's the purpose in saying the skin is bad or the skin is ugly? That's not helpful feedback, helpful feedback is when you explain what's wrong with it, when you explain why you don't like it. So far all you've said is you don't like the skin, you haven't explained why you don't like the skin.

If you're going to give helpful feedback then fine, but what you're doing now isn't feedback, it's pointless complaining.

Out of curiosity, how large is yours [size and rows]?

ibf_message_text is just under 50'000 rows and 55'000KiB in size (including indexs). scince the conversion script dose 200 pm's a time it was roughly 275 (automatic) reloads of the conversion script :)

though it would proberlly have been quicker had the test database not shared the same database SERVER as the live site. :)

One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of people are happy with the out of the box skin; there's simply no way to please everyone. This same thing popped up when the 2.0 skin came out. By the time the 2.x series reached maturity, few people would say it was a bad skin.

IP.Board 3 is a new major version, and this new skin is a brand new skin. It will get updated as more feedback comes in, so be sure to give specific feedback about what you think should be changed about it, it's going to be hard on IPS to make changes to it without knowing what's wrong with it.

Sick of seeing posts like this? Maybe that's because customers are giving feedback on a quality product they pay for, they do have an input into the direction of the company, [b]afterall we are all shareholders[/b] and we all have an interest in the way IPS progresses with their software.

No we're not. None of us own IPS shares.

I think the word you are looking for is stakeholders.

Forum layout different for anyone apart from me?

This is what I remember it being a few days ago...

Company News and Updates

-- IPS Company Blog

IPS Company Feedback

-- IP.Board

-- IP.Blog

-- IP.Gallery

-- IP.Downloads

-- IP.Converge

Pre-Sales Questions

Test Posting Messages

IPS Customer Lounge

IPS Resources Site

Peer-to-Peer Technical Support

Skinning and Design

-- IPB Skin Support

-- IP.Blog Themes

Product Modifications

-- IP.Board

-- IP.Blog

-- IP.Gallery

-- IP.Downloads

Sponsored Projects

-- IP.Tracker

-- IP.Shoutbox

It all seems out of place??

:)

Let's not turn this into arguments about the skin - if you have feedback on the skin, please open a topic with how you think we can improve it - we'd love to hear your ideas :)

I personally am certainly not sick of those kind of topics, if anyone is, I'd suggest you don't post in them ;)

@Putzy: Yeah, I think the cache and the database were out of sync, I believe it's on the fix list.

I can't say what I think for fear of bfarber or other staff excessively moderating me (or some of the customers memberating); so I will refrain from posting my thoughts.

+1 for inventing the word 'memberating'. A feature that we MUST demand in IPB 3.1 :)

You obviously have strong views, I'd like to see them. If they are expressed as "I don't like X because Y but if Z was done instead it would be an improvement" then wouldn't that be a driver for some healthy debate?

Archived