Consider not dropping LoFi in IPB 3.x

Speed Racer

I am sure this is true of many people, but Google indexes the lofi version very well and I get a lot of incoming traffic from there. Also when you consider advertising income on the lofi pages this is actually a fairly significant dollar figure that would be eliminated. The click through rate from what I have seen is much higher on the lofi pages versus the regular forums.

Thoughts?

We still have a "lo-fi" version, it's just handled differently in IPB 3 than it was in 2. We're removing the specific /lofiversion/ directory, however we will be replicating the same functionality via a special skin. If you want to be sure that search bots only use the new lofi skin, you can setup that using the new User Agent matching system in IPB3.

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread, but I think this is still valid:
[quote name='Josh' timestamp='1231769862' post='1780690']
We still have a "lo-fi" version, it's just handled differently in IPB 3 than it was in 2. We're removing the specific /lofiversion/ directory, however we will be replicating the same functionality via a special skin. If you want to be sure that search bots only use the new lofi skin, you can setup that using the new User Agent matching system in IPB3.

So what is this skin called? Is it the "IP.Board XML" style? Can the search bots really read XML?

[quote name='karll' timestamp='1279370451' post='1988913']
This is an old thread, but I think this is still valid:

So what is this skin called? Is it the "IP.Board XML" style? Can the search bots really read XML?

In 3.0 it was IP.Board Lo-Fi, in 3.1 it's IP.Board Mobile.

[quote name='Kotonoha' timestamp='1279400658' post='1989175']
In 3.0 it was IP.Board Lo-Fi, in 3.1 it's IP.Board Mobile.

Okay, thanks. So are you or anyone else using IP.Board Mobile for search bots with any success?

Archived