Super-Moderators - extra options in IPB3

Guest Stepashka

One of the things that are missing from my point of understanding is super-moderator options!
-Add moderators
-Changing user name/display name (I have a lot of requests and they all pm to me >_< )
-Bad words
-Ip ban

I suggest to create another acp for super-moderators(smcp) where there will be only options they need. with option to turn this on/off in each super-moderator.

Every option in admin cp should have a drop down menu where we can select those opions for various goups like

admin, mods, members, guests banned etc.

even If the admin likes the banned member to be able to ban the admin it shuld be possible technically.

:thumbsup:

The main problem with the ACP restrictions (which allow you todo most of the things you want) is the board conciders them as admins so the staff list page (index.php?act=Stats&CODE=leaders) logs everyone who has acp access as admins (also seveal board level functions such as "topic history", invisableskins etc)

One of the things that are missing from my point of understanding is super-moderator options!

-Add moderators

-Changing user name/display name (I have a lot of requests and they all pm to me >_< )

-Bad words

-Ip ban

I suggest to create another acp for super-moderators(smcp) where there will be only options they need. with option to turn this on/off in each super-moderator.

add mods: that is too highlevel to be put in the hands of a super moderator.

change display names: regular members can do that, but this is a good idea
Ban words: good idea
IP ban: This is kind of strong, and a simple mistake of one number could ban someone else and you could easily ban hundreds of people with one mistake, including another admin or a moderator.

Archived