liveperson.net

Guest Digi

90% of the time when the site (specifically this forum) is slow, it is related to something calling "server.iad.liveperson.net". I think that this dates back to when you guys have that live chat system on the site and perhaps it is code that should be removed. Is this not the case? Either way, that system is ruining the quality service of the forums...

I *believe* we provide live-chat services at times (when we do it pops up on the website), and the liveperson.net JS is included on all pages for tracking purposes.

I'm not sure if we still do or not. I don't really provide tier-1 or sales support. :P

Got hit with this tonight. I clicked on "My Tickets" over a minute ago and it's still stuck on "Transferring data from server.iad.liveperson.net"

Normally I don't have a problem, but if the access point is far away it takes forever to load, I saw dump it. Half the time nobody is even logged into it so I don't see why its critical to have it all over the place if you only have it running a few times.

• Management

I'm sorry if the liveperson.net live chat code was causing issues. We like to provide live chat services but if it's causing problems just loading the web pages that does not do anyone good. All the liveperson.net code should now be removed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived