Not happy

Stuart 4

Hi,

As per our standards of service, you can expect a response within 48 hours (24 hours for business licenses), although it's generally much faster than that (within a day). Upgrades and installs can sometimes take longer than general queries just by the nature of what they require, so sit tight, and a tech will be contacting you soon :)

Thanks for your patience!

this thread seamed appropriate for an issue I came accross, if ips staff feels it's not aprropriate feel free to delete this post.

Anyway here goes...

ips should try to put some more effort in presales as apparently sometimes it isn't replied to at all as is pointed out in this post: http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=ipbwiki

Personally I haven't had any bad experience with support from ips (although i don't request support a lot, but the few times i did the responses were sufficiently fast and to the point), but apparently other potential customers have other experiences.

I don't mind the lost sale of ipbwiki that much as I just do that as a hobby, but I have a weakness for ipb and I want to see ips deliver as much satisfaction to potential and existing customers as possible as I want to see the product grow further.

I understand that you try to focus on companies as customers as they provide a greater turn back on revenues, but you shouldn't disregerard private persons as they help to spread the popularity of a product, just thought I would point out the thread as I came across it, hope it helps to refocus the ips company guidelines in increasing the happiness of existing and potential customers.

I'm a bit curious about his experience. I can't speak for the emails (he said he did get responses - I'm curious what they were) however what it sounds like is that he is outside of the country. If he is, he likely would be calling at hours we are not open (9AM-5PM EST) and is why he never reached a human. Additionally, I don't believe the sales department returns calls outside of the country.

I could be wrong though. I'm very curious about the emails though. I replied to the topic. Thanks for pointing it out.

• 1 year later...

Could IPS Maybe recruit some 'Volunteers' to help with support, maybe allow them access to the support tickets? Maybe trusted sources that can offer knowledgeable support to paying customers? That way there can be out of the country support techs and it would help the work load of IPS. I dunno just a thought.

Personally I've always had a response within 24hrs, I've always been happy.

[quote name='Lee Craven' date='17 May 2009 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1242589511' post='1802844']
Could IPS Maybe recruit some 'Volunteers' to help with support, maybe allow them access to the support tickets? Maybe trusted sources that can offer knowledgeable support to paying customers? That way there can be out of the country support techs and it would help the work load of IPS. I dunno just a thought.

Personally I've always had a response within 24hrs, I've always been happy.

This topic is over a year old (and I should expect someone got back to him by now :P ) but I will say that volunteers answering tickets is just not appropriate. For general inquiries and the like, we have the peer to peer support forums. If you want to volunteer to assist, that is the place - we do notice who regularly helps out in there and are very grateful to those that do.

Incidentally - our technicians aren't just in the US... I'm in the UK and start at what is 5am EST, sales and billing are in even before that.

Archived