IPS Beyond Beta Preview

Guest IPS News

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already and used the recovery of password two times and way of power is not to enter says user or incorrect password :( to me and on the other hand in the customer center it works well

________________________________________________________________________________

Yo ya e usado la recuperacion de contrase

No dig intended, but IPS started up IBPlanet [i]back in the day[/i] and then discarded it quitely later on down the line.

Why the sudden reversal back to having an official resource site?

IBPlanet was before the days when IPB was commercial, in the days when getting support was the perk for owning a license. It's a different situation now that IPB is commerical and customers are looking for value-added perks of owning a license. This is one of them :)

Just to clear up a misconception, IPS didn't start up or own IBPlanet. IBPlanet was a collaboration between myself, Josh and Jay - though we were IPS staff. When we all decided to stop our involvement with IBPlanet it was handed to the other people that had been working with us, and become Invisionize. It wasn't discarded by IPS, those of us working on it wanted to move on.

IBPlanet was before the days when IPB was commercial, in the days when getting support was the perk for owning a license. It's a different situation now that IPB is commerical and customers are looking for value-added perks of owning a license. This is one of them :)

Just to clear up a misconception, IPS didn't start up or own IBPlanet. IBPlanet was a collaboration between myself, Josh and Jay - though we were IPS staff. When we all decided to stop our involvement with IBPlanet it was handed to the other people that had been working with us, and become Invisionize. It wasn't discarded by IPS, those of us working on it wanted to move on.

Thanks for the explaination, Rikki :)

It should be right below announcements. I logged into your account and it shows for me.

I'm assuming that you can logon to our accounts using a method that does not reveal our passwords? i.e. a link which creates the appropriate cookies or sessions or something?

Or are our client centre passwords stored in plain text for staff to see?

Cheers.

I'm assuming that you can logon to our accounts using a method that does not reveal our passwords? i.e. a link which creates the appropriate cookies or sessions or something?

Or are our client centre passwords stored in plain text for staff to see?

Cheers.

Hmm, I always assumed a "skeleton key" password, but who knows? Interesting question mate.

• Management

Correct.

Nexus allows the support staff to view the customer's client center as the customer, without the need to log in manually.

This helps us track issues (such as customers reporting broken downloads, missing invoices, etc).

Re IPS Customer Center and therefore IPS Beyond

[b]Warning[/b]: ipd_output(/home/crm/public_html/dynamic/dir_api/api_compile_template.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [b]/home/invision/public_html/customer/core/sources/classes/template.class.php[/b] on line [b]279[/b]

[b]Fatal error[/b]: ipd_output(): Failed opening required '/home/crm/public_html/dynamic/dir_api/api_compile_template.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [b]/home/invision/public_html/customer/core/sources/classes/template.class.php[/b] on line [b]279[/b]

The forum is back online.

I had to set the site to development mode for some of the updates on the download manager (as I have to add the templates into the master template set). As the site is still "beta" this will be happening from time to time.

Just remember...everytime it's offline, we are working on adding a new feature or fixing a bug so the site runs top notch. :)

Archived