IPS Beyond Beta Preview

Guest IPS News

If you are having problems logging in, try the password recovery. It worked for me, even though I had been using my password. I just "changed" it to my regular password and it let me in. ;)

BTW, I think this is a great idea. Although most of the other resource sites have been doing a great job oberall, they sometimes lack professionalism (understandable since it is a volunteer endeavor) and often suffer from a little too much political intrigue.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who wishes to will be able to submit their skins to the database, am sure there will be many customers who submit theirs for download. Is of course upto the skin author to make updates to the skin.

If you;re looking for a custom skin design by the IPS Staff, you'll need to submit a request from the client area (just the same as you've been able to do up until now) - IPS Beyond is a resource for pre-made skins/modifications.

ok thanks for you quick reply to this

Did you enter the username you created in the customer center and the password you use to access the customer center ? Registered this morning and have no issues, though l can't remember my password here at work, so can't login and start demanding things :(

Yes that's what I did. :unsure: I'll have to submit a ticket I supose and see if someone can work it out for me. Thanks for your help.

yes and Invision Technical Services and Infinity Styles are going no where so with all due respect that list is not to nice <_< >_<

Infinity Styles is not going :).

IPB Helpers dead? lol yeah right :P We are not going anywhere :) Lots of surprises coming :)

IPBHelpers will still go on cuz im there :P.

Mortfiles is not going anywhere either, I am just remaking things..again :)

I doubt this will make things more difficult for resource sites and skinner/modder sites, in fact it might even prove to be a boost. By making sure skins/mods have an IPB stamp of approval though the "Author Guarantee" this should ensure more quality skins and if you add the "points" based on skin/mods we should see something like a reputation building for skinners eventually.

It should also be a pretty interesting place to visit to advertise your work if they allow it. Just imagine a banner/button exchange program on that website :)

I think its a nice move and it will be interesting to see what comes out of this in teh future.

I would just like to give my farewell salute to all of the resource sites that have come before and supported IPS' users and customers. A lot of bridges have been burned.

We hardly knew you

Died in the line of duty

Those that came before

Thanks for the recognition, but we're not going anywhere......changing for the better actually, but not "dying" ;)

Personally, I see IPS Beyond as beneficial to us skinners and am looking forward to it as it progresses. :D

A resource site provided by those who actually program the original software. I don't get the point ? Why not just make the stuff available on the existing Invision Power Services site instead of dressing something up as a community resource site. Is this an attempt to gain some control over the community, much like VBulletin do with VBulletin.org ? What's next, forcing the closure of invisionize ?

• Management

A resource site provided by those who actually program the original software. I don't get the point ? Why not just make the stuff available on the existing Invision Power Services site instead of dressing something up as a community resource site. Is this an attempt to gain some control over the community, much like VBulletin do with VBulletin.org ? What's next, forcing the closure of invisionize ?

Yes. Next we will force the closure of the post office then the banking system. All on our path to world domination. The conspiracy theorist have us again!

Orrrrrrrrrrrr maybe we are responding to customer feedback to create a central resource for all things IPS :)

Yes. Next we will force the closure of the post office then the banking system. All on our path to world domination. The conspiracy theorist have us again!

Orrrrrrrrrrrr maybe we are responding to customer feedback to create a central resource for all things IPS :)

The only way it's a central resource is if every modification or skin made by every modification or skin author is submitted to this site and given already a few of the sites that make skins in particular have said they won't be sending in their work I can't see that happening. An official community site just doesn't work for me, this is all becoming very vbulletin-esque.

I'm kinda amazed by all the negative feedback in this topic, I don't get it. IPB is free to open every site they wanna, Bfarber even mentioned on IZE that he'll still be active over there.

Isn't this a WIN-WIN situation for customers?

And I say it again, you don't have to visit Beyond if you don't like being in a win-win situation.

All I wanna say, good idea IPS and I do hope you'll get this off the ground!

Regards,
Marcello

If you have problems logging in after creating a username, use the lost password feature on IPS Beyond. That is about all I can suggest. Our client center utilizes converge, and it just passes over the same information (plus your chosen username), so it should be the same exact password. It is working for quite a few, so there has to be some inconsistency with the users it is *not* working for. Simply reset your password on IPS Beyond, follow the link in the email (like any other IPB site you would have to do this on) and you are good to go. :)

• Management

I have a problem: In my Client Center I see no IPS Beyond details. There are only two headers in my Client Center; "Welcome to the Customer Center" and "Customer Announcements".

Ali

It should be right below announcements. I logged into your account and it shows for me.

Archived