IPS Beyond Beta Preview

Guest IPS News

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Management

This is intriguing, but it raises some questions for me. Will mod/skin authors be permitted to release their work on IPSBeyond if that work is available on some other resource site, or would you require that anything we submit be submitted just here? Which IPB versions will you support? And of course, can you give any more detail on how this points system is going to work? Is a guy like me with 80+ modifications going to be able to snag a free Blog or Gallery license? :lol:

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. While I do fully support the concept of customers getting perks like this, I hope it won't mean the death-knell for more open sites like Invisionize.

A whole lot more information will be posted on that soon. We are actually ironing out the details ourselves :)

I dont think this is a good idea really. IPS should be more focused on their products rather than making and running another website. :unsure:

Do you really think so or are you just thinking about the affect this could have on your own site? You shouldn't worry about competition because, as I see it, your site offers help rather than resources.

So is this going to be the end of all privately owned IPB resource sites as we know it? :ermm: :(

Nope, there has always been a major free resource site. Business as usual imho.

No, just they have an IPS owned competitor now....

Exactly my thoughts Mr Terry. This will mean everyone lifting their game, which has to be good for the over all invision community.

Resource sites shouldn't compete, rather work together.

Hence a few concepts a number of resource sites are discussing amongst themselves. Rather than trying to feed off each other, the idea should be to promote invision into the wider internet community. Everytime a site converts from another product to invision everyone wins.

For anyone running a resource site, get out into non traditional invision areas and start talking. You'll be surprised at how many people contact you regarding whether or not invision can do something. You also have the added pleasure of upsetting the vbfanboy club on the neutral sites ;)

I would just like to give my farewell salute to all of the resource sites that have come before and supported IPS' users and customers. A lot of bridges have been burned.

We hardly knew you

Died in the line of duty

Those that came before

You can drop us off the list Chris, we're here for the long haul :) How many of those sites are still really active anyway ?

IPB Helpers dead? lol yeah right :P We are not going anywhere :) Lots of surprises coming :)

Note you guys are rocking along :thumbsup:

stoopid idea, only customers can get mods >.>

Well l would imagine the majority of skins and mods will be for 2.1.x +, ergo you must be a client to run the software right. Therefore no issues.

You do realise that IPS is more than just Charles and I now? :)

We have a whole office full of staff.

I have the restraining orders to prove this :shifty:

I would urge all resource site owners to donate some skins and mods to Beyond, we'll be doing that in due course. Let's make it a show case for invision third party resources.

including skins? Who is going to be designing the skins etc? Can new ones be requested? If you suddenly decide to realease 2.5.0 for example would all skins be adapted very quickly to be used on forums?

What i mean is if you froce other ipb external sites out, will you still be able to recreate my CORPERATE colours of my site???????????

• Management

Oh I know that. I was just saying I think you guys should focus more on your products first :)

With all due respect, Aaron - we're not doing this just for something to do... we would like to provide our customers with additional quality-controlled resources that take our products further out-of-the-box to a level that further satisfies each individual customer's needs. Existing resource sites are doing a fine job overall, however, we do have a few concerns that partly prompted the need of an official resource site. Our technicians send customers to various resource sites and many would return to us claiming mod authors called them idiots, or they had a mod applied that the author no longer supports or was full of security exploits. Obviously resource sites can only control what their volunteers do to a certain extent, but in the end, this reflects poorly upon us and whether it's justified or not, customers hold us responsible for what happens to their software. With IPSBeyond, modifications will undergo a brief quality assurance evaluation and we will do our best to ensure that modifications are either supported or they will be pulled.

I certainly don't think this will be the end of third-party resource sites. I would equate it to the automotive industry: some people look to their dealer for technical resources, while others prefer independent shops. If anything, I think IPSBeyond will drive third party sites to expand and improve.

In as far as our focus is concerned, we have grown to the point where it's not just a few individuals carrying the entire load of the company. We can multi-task! ;)

including skins? Who is going to be designing the skins etc? Can new ones be requested? If you suddenly decide to realease 2.5.0 for example would all skins be adapted very quickly to be used on forums?

What i mean is if you froce other ipb external sites out, will you still be able to recreate my CORPERATE colours of my site???????????

Anyone who wishes to will be able to submit their skins to the database, am sure there will be many customers who submit theirs for download. Is of course upto the skin author to make updates to the skin.

If you;re looking for a custom skin design by the IPS Staff, you'll need to submit a request from the client area (just the same as you've been able to do up until now) - IPS Beyond is a resource for pre-made skins/modifications.

It(He,She) does not leave me loguearme gives me mistake and I turn out to be like registered but I put the name and the passwor of customer and he(she) says to me that it(he) is incorrect

No me deja loguearme me da error y aparezco como registrado pero le pongo el nombre y el passwor de customer y me dice que es incorrecto

Nick

It asked me to put a username in, so I chose the same one I have on here. It accepted it ok. Then when I was taken to the board it wouldn't let me log in.

???

Did I do something wrong?

Did you enter the username you created in the customer center and the password you use to access the customer center ? Registered this morning and have no issues, though l can't remember my password here at work, so can't login and start demanding things :(

Archived