reputation system

Guest chuck22

sorry to bring back a dead topic, but I'd like to voice my support for it as well. If nothing else, make it an option - have it where you can at least assign the option to member groups. If they abuse the priveledges, their profile would get assigned to the select group of "special" members - basically limit their posting abilities.

• 3 weeks later...

For a while, I had an E-Blah forum, and the reputation system was the first thing I turned off. All it does is cause chaos, because any member can increase or decrease your reputation. It's almost a popularity contest. Anyone who registers can decrease your reputation until it's down to zero as a joke. IPB's warning system is nice, because insted of anyone being able to change it, only admins and moderators can change it. It only gets increased if someone breaks the rules, whereas the reputation system can be misused by anyone who registers.

• 2 weeks later...

yes i agree....

a reputaion system should be built in already....
but is should be able to be turned off or on by the boards admin...

and i saw someone else mention something about the shoutbox...well, that should be built in already too...
but is should be able to be turned off or on by the boards admin...

Yup i agree the ability to turn it on/off and built in would be great, many many people have been waiting for this Vbulletin already has this built in and it's great for getting a board up and going at least 70-80% of board owners install some type of rep/points modification and it would save us ALOT of trouble and make us way happier :)

Not if its used as a PIMP Card...

I've seen it work on different boards in different ways...

If the board locale is small, it will fail miserably... but for broarder geographical boards, it works like a charm...

I agree with having the option as long as it can be turned off if need be... :)

Archived