reputation system

Guest chuck22

Maybe it's just me but I cannot believe that the new version of IPB still does not have the Reputation system built in like VB Has for example.

Any explanation why guys? this is an AWESOME mod in its toppest AWESOMENESS!! i really dont know why its not built in

i would appriciate any explanations why its not added

If it's integrated, it's one of the first damn things i'd turn off. I don't have a problem with it being in, but you might just be happy with whatever mod rep system you have, because a conversion to an IPB rep system could cause a loss of rep points.. I canned my rep system because it was nothing but a popularity contest. Wars were started over a negative.

Don't even get me started on shoutbox...

man i understand what u mean there but still i want this mod so much for IPB2.1 and it hasnt been yet updated nor will be anytime soon i guess >_< :( btw If anyne has this for IPB2.1 please please p.m me :blush: :thumbsup:

But yea still would be nice if it was integrated i think because well alot of people like this awesome mod and well there will be ON and OFF option of course so if someone doesnt like it u know u can turn it off please any mod makers or IPS staff please consider this its great mod

thanks guys , add more comments so we can disscuss if u guys want :thumbsup:

I m totally agree with both of you.. if i knew the new virsion dont have reputation action.. i was never bought IPB its over months i was requesting for this modes..but no one care..i know we are atleast more then three need this reputation mode

Rep system just causes post whoring and behind the scences deals. Not worth it IMHO

No mate, rep system is just plain awesome. It works falwleslly in topics and anywhere else(i had it installed on IPB2.0x) and i enjoyed it so much man. In topics, just like the warn meter u have the rep meter with button to increase and decrease rep. then u can enter some not and some other options and u add/decrease someon'e rep that way. Topics work fast just like before it was installed and IPS can make this disabled by default but will be awesome if it was included.

Any more comments guys? trust me this is a great addition and if someone doesnt like it they can always disable it in ACP :thumbsup:

There is a reputation system built in, its called the warning system. Infact you can have it use a reputation 1-# format in AdminCP. The only difference is this reputation system is not public, and is only for mods. You can however allow members to see their own reputation. If you get a mod to make this system visible to everyone, I would highly recommend making sure the moderator comments arnt visible.

In the end a public reputation system cases wars. As far as keeping track of who behaves in a moderator standpoint, warning system works great.

Towards what end? Just to see who's the 'kewlest poster evah!!!111!'?

It'd have to be integrated in some sort of .. I don't know. If user has X karma points, then they have access to Cool People Forums. But even then, on a larger board the oppertunity for abuse is high. All it takes is two cliques to get into a clicking war for this to get out of hand :P

Which is why I was a -1 on the idea.

if some one like post they can add reps.. so this member will gorw his reputation.. so next time if he post something new.. pepoles can check if this person have enough repuation...so they can be read with more intreset that.. this persos post always liked by most of members...

if he loose his repuation with useless topics.. no one will care.. if he keep post useless topics
so i think its very important mod must be added on 2.1.1 if its possible

I would think that would needlessly skew things against newbies, who can't help but start with no rep. Also, just because you think JoeCool's post on raising tropical plants is the best thing ever doesn't mean that his subsequent post on moss growth is going to be as useful. It's just a giant popularity contest, which is fine, but not something everyone's going to want.

People can abuse anything, I know ;) I really just think that if this is offered, there needs to be a way to easily (without a lot of hacking of the templates) to turn it off.

Heck, I wish there was a simple 'Turn off PM for the whole board' button that hide all the links automagically. A way to turn off features individually for those of us who don't want them.

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard to understand why people are soo negatif while speaking about a reputation system ... If you don't like it, you can always turn it off ... That's it !

I'm using reputation on my forum, It was a mod created by a guy called d1 ... Unfortunately it does not work with IPB2.1 ... I don't want to sat it's the best system, but it works ... It's the best auto-control system for the forums I've seen so far ...

It would be great if IPB allowed a user rating system ...

Archived